Greetings!

Welcome to the forum.

Damaged by Cathy Glass. A foster carer, details the heartbreaking horrific abuse of an eight year old girl and how she unlocked the most disturbing secrets.

An insight into foster caring, the extreme challenges they take on with love, patience and understanding.

“Chariot of the Gods” probably, I have been interested in the theories that angels, ancient gods and lost technology were brought to Earth by travellers from other planets, ever since.

What part of S. Africa are you living in Minx? I was there in the 80’s in the Transvaal.

:039: Hiya Minx. I used to visit Port Elizabeth on business quite regularly and have been to Jo’burg, Brits, Kimberley and Palabora amongst other places in RSA.

That book sounds hectic!

Tessa, as luck would have it, I am in the Transvaal :slight_smile:
Have you watched the series Ancient Aliens?

Hi Percy Vere, how wonderful! Then you witnessed the greatest site on earth- an African sunset.

I must say though, you missed out on some of the better coastal areas in SA like Cape Town and Durban. :slight_smile: But, at least you can vouch that there’s no Lions roaming the streets!

Haven’t watched Ancient Aliens. Some volumes by Erich von Daniken. ''War for What" by Francis Springer and “Uncivil War” I have read. And quite a lot of Boer War had some horrible stuff. By the Brits for the most part.

But also A.H. Morton advanced electrical engineering.

I’ll look up Erich von Daniken. I’ve read some War books ( see some pictures)

Sorry, I fell sound asleep when i saw you mention AH Morton advanced (kill me now) electrical engineering ( superhuman powers required) :100:

JP Jolly, Physics for Electrical Engineers. Fun stuff.
And…

http://i.imgur.com/oTW2LdN.jpg

Such is life.

Oh my word, I wondered if you were Afrikaans with the username ‘Besoeker’ ! I even checked your profile out.
The penny has dropped it now it makes sense.
Did you work on Draglines?
:slight_smile:

No, not draglines. Mostly it was gold mines around Johannesburg but a few near Cape Town. Actually, my first stint was at Mondi Valley. I think it was about 1970.

We Scots are everywhere…:slight_smile:

Ok, how awesome. So you frequented apartheid SA. Your thoughts? 1970, I was still in mum’s womb :slight_smile:

By the way, I think you are super clever with the electrical engineering. I was just teasing in my comment earlier. God blessed me with other skills namely, the law and financial stuff but you guys rock.
Let me ask you a question- can you make electricity in the absence of air/oxygen? Don’t laugh it’s a honest question?

Verwoerburg, was where I was. Loved it!
Yes, I’m an Ancient Aliens addict! So much of it makes sense! :wink:

Super I’m not but I appreciate asking some things here and there. The electricity is generally through various conductors like copper or aluminium. Air is generally a very poor conductor.

More things. Apartheid was an experience for me., very much so. I can’t easily explain. Whites, Asians, and Blacks. Racially extreme. And harsh, particularly black on black. That, I found, disturbing.

A little tale. The hierarchy was strict. I gave instructions. My electrician did the electrical work. The boy cleaned the tools. One day, Bobby my electrician had to leave for work. My boy was going out in the lashing rain. I let him off at his shanty - another surprise. Next day I was given a serious bollicking. Just for being nice…

Enough.

Thanks for your reply.
Interesting stories from SA and experiences. That’s what makes us who we are. Be glad to have lived so many experiences as not everyone is so privileged. Take care

Yes, thank you. Experiences as you say and not everyone the chances to take that. Not all of it rosey I might add, but all the better for the tapestry of life.

The tapestry of life. A nice way of putting it but then again isn’t life all about regrets - I know mine is.

Well done Mags. I read it too just because I was up for a challenge but really enjoyed it. I have to admit that I skipped over bits of the war sections as they went on for far too long but the main story was excellent. I’m not sure how long it took to read but it was on my Kindle so at least it wasn’t too heavy to hold. :lol:

Hi Minx and welcome, hope you enjoy your time on Over50sForum. :039:

For some reason or other I don’t read much these days, mostly spending my time online. :slight_smile:

Thank you Barry. Reading online definitely counts!