Greetings from the East coast of the USA

Thank you kindly for that. Fifty years is quite a measure! I did some transport industry related engineering. One of the projects I found interesting - it was for the Orient Express from France to Italy.

4 Likes

My pleasure sir.

1 Like

Greetings Chilliboot, thank you very much, my pleasure.

1 Like

Husband was a HGV 1 Lorry Driver for many years but his skills now show he should have been a Carpenter…
He made friends with a Chicken Producer who had an interesting business so was into anything to do with keeping Chickens…From teaching courses to builds for their Pens and Enclosures…The Shop was busterling with allsorts…He needed help…reliable and able so he took my retired Husband on for a few days each week…
One example is enough right now…
chicken pensThat was one Pen and Enclosure they Built for a Local Special School…Turned out an ongoing job as well…

Hope you Enjoy Your Stay…

3 Likes

Oh, you did too? :grinning:

2 Likes

:it:

Hello from Italy, it’s a lovely place here, you’ll soon feel
at home, such a friendly group.

2 Likes

Went on a ride on the Orient Express once, from London-Victoria to Folkestone, we were served with a delightful traditional English tea (cucumber sandwiches, scones, etc). Delicious and so luxurious. :grinning: :yum: :steam_locomotive:

1 Like

Hello Alex. East coast? That’s a lot of coast :grinning:

2 Likes

Greetings @raven1

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Welcome raven1, to the place you’ll always find a post that gives you pause and makes you think…hmmm. And threads that will make your cheeks turn up with a smile and your eyes crinkly with laughter. :grinning:

I am also on the upper east coast of the US. It’s a great place to call home!

1 Like

And another welcome from me Raven1

1 Like

Hi Raven; and Welcome To The Forum, I am also a Newbie; I joined on March 21st (my birthday) and I can tell you that I really like being here on a daily basis. You will see that everyone is so friendly. I really do hope that you enjoy your stay here :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Rose2
I had a few trips on the Orient Express. This was was mainly for the power electronics. I went by car - I had quite a lot equipment to carry south of Paris. But the final trip was a challenge - I was challenged at French port with my electronic kit - they stuck it quarantine. All my expensive bits…(;

2 Likes

Thank you very much Ms. Didi69, also, happy belated birthday, your 21st is a special birthday.

1 Like

Thank you very much Ms. RightNow, my pleasure.

Thank you sir.

thank you very, pleasure.

thank you, around the Maryland , DC area.

1 Like

Greetings Ms. Rose2, and thank you, my pleasure

1 Like

Hi Raven, thank you for the belated birthday wish; my birthday is on March 21st, I didn’t turn 21; I am 55 years old, wish I could go back in time :grin:

1 Like