Green Book (film)

This is a touchingly beautiful film .
Well worth going to see.
Horrendous to see the racism in 1960s America
These things happened in our life time.

1 Like

I’d like to see it but please please don’t for one moment think racism is a one way street :slight_smile:

Why would I think that ?
I have lived overseas most of my life and have experienced racism .

Booked that for next. Mahershala Ali is a great actor. I’m following his True Detective series on tv too. Well worth a watch.

Brilliant film Muddy, went to watch it today and was taken on a virtual tour of all my emotions, it will rank up there among one of my favourite films…But did you feel just a little bit ashamed to be associated with those white people in the deep south…It just goes to show, it’s not about the colour, religion, political beliefs, gender or sexual preference, good friends are all about the people behind the skin…

OGF we were at the cinema at the same time again !
We will have to stop not meeting like this !:slight_smile:

I hated those horrible people especially those in the Deep South :frowning:

Anything that adds a bit of excitement to my ‘Groundhog’ existence has got to be a good thing Muddy…:-D…Same time next week?..:wink: Oh! wait a minute…the kids are on half term…:018:

It appears that grouping up with people who have the same in common is the human default position, perhaps safety in numbers. Religion, race, colour, politics, gender and even football supporters or forum preferences…:cool:

Saw it this afternoon.
Absolutely brilliant, well worth seeing.

Glad you liked it Ruthio, I certainly came out of the cinema feeling that I’d got me money’s worth…And then some!..:cool:

Yes! And I knew nothing much about the story except the basic situation, so certain aspects of the story were just wonderful!
No spoilers!!!

To be honest Ruthio, we only went to see it because there was nothing else on that we had either seen or were not interested in…:102: What a great surprise, and to think it was based on a true story…

A wonderful film, deserving of the award it received. One of the best I’ve seen in years.

I’ve had this for two months on a pirate DVD but haven’t got around to watching it yet because I’m addicted to the Homeland box set. Must make an effort this weekend.

It’s a winner Floydy! :smiley:

I’ll do it, Ruthio. Friday night. I promise! :cool::cool:

Good man!!
Report here on Saturday morning with your review :-D:-D

Then after that if you want a film that ticks all the boxes get yourself off to the cinema with your Mrs to see Fisherman’s Friends…you won’t regret it I promise! :023::023:

Going to tomorrow Ruthio…Any good?

It ticks every box you can think of!
Really really lovely, a proper feel-good film, and a true story :smiley:
There’ll be spontaneous applause at the end :smiley:
Tell Mrs Fox to take a hanky :smiley:

And me Ruthio, I’m a sucker for an emotional film…:cry:

Yes, a very good film and the acting is top notch.