Government's latest capping charge - has yours been applied yet?

Due to the Government’s capping change… My energy supplier have just reduced my £197.00 monthly direct debit payment by £67.00.

Yippee, l can put my central heating back on again…

4 Likes

Hi

I have had an email from Octopus, my Direct Debit is also being reduced by £67 a a month as from the 1st October.

I have asked them to keep it the same.

2 Likes

Octopus are reducing my DD by £67, too … :octopus:

1 Like

Nope! I’ve not heard anything yet :cry:

2 Likes

Nor have I, & I do know that this month’s direct debit isn’t being reduced , so I will have to wait till next month!

2 Likes

Can’t remember which thread I posted it on now, but I did post an article by Martin Lewis which listed how each energy company was going to allocate the money. I’m with Ovo Energy and they are going to be paying it into my bank account.

2 Likes

Found it:

For anybody interested this gives details how the different energy companies work out their direct debits. I learnt from this that my energy company (Ovo) will be paying the £66 a month into my bank account not deducting it from my bill which I thought they would be doing so will have to up my DD by this amount:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/energy-direct-debits/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=06-Sep-22-ac49a383c7a4f68a220-6317a5005eafbbdba7204dab136505bc&source=CRM-MSETIP-ac49a383c7a4f68a220&utm_campaign=nt-bignote-one&utm_content=7

3 Likes

Thanks Wendeey, for adding the info.

2 Likes

I’m with British Gas .
I didn’t get an official British Gas raising of direct debit payments, I went online and did it myself.

I shall be keeping my payment at the higher level as I don’t want a nasty shock at the end of the winter
Any over payment I will request a refund in about April depending on the weather.

2 Likes

I’m on a Fixed Plan with Octopus which doesn’t expire until July 2023 .

2 Likes

Fixed plan here too…won’t end until May 2024. By that time I’ll have enough credit built up to pay for another year, most likely! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes