Gordon Ramsay’s Future Food Stars

Anybody watching this? It’s rubbish really, but I’m enjoying it!

It’s a complete rip off of The Apprentice, only with starting out food business owners If they win, he’s going to give them £150k investment in their businesses

It’s funnier than the apprentice though. Every week they get two challenges and someone from the losing team goes home The challenges have been funny and interesting…. Jumping off cliffs, serving lunch to rescue workers dangling in tents 1000s of feet above the ground, doing a Deliveroo service

I really like Gordon Ramsay, but Iknow why a lot of you don’t!

My opinion of him changed after reading his autobiography, talk about a rough start and pulling yourself up by your bootstrings!

And I like his big gob, bad temper, foul language and the way he says what he’s really thinking and doesn’t suffer fools gladly. He probably reminds me of myself, ( or how I’d like to be!)

But if you watch, he’s basically good natured and kindly and he’s had a long marriage and happy family life, a real achievement after the family life he knew himself

1 Like

Pretty much sums up how low the BBC has gone if they feel the need to give this bloke even more airtime.

3 Likes

Aw, never mind, me and his mum love him :two_hearts:

1 Like

I am fed up of so many cooking programmes being shown, so I don’t watch them.
l am sorry but l can’t watch Gordon Ramsay.

2 Likes

Don’t like him.

1 Like

Too right.
I agree with both Art’s comments.
As for Ramsay, I can’t stand the bloke.

3 Likes

Gordon Ramsay … Hmm … He irritates me on two counts - the main one being his foul vulgar language, the second one being he seems incapable of standing still!
Even when he is speaking to someone rather than cooking - he shuffles and bobs about as though he has St Vitus Dance. It is most distracting.

Having said that - his recipes are usually good and worth trying. I saw him on a YouTube video last week - with his mum in the kitchen - and he was lovely with her. Not a rude word uttered - which suggests to me that the bad language is just an attention seeking gimmick.

1 Like

I don’t understand what leaping out of helicopters has to do with cooking - even if they do remind me of egg beaters! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

His father was a violent, abusive man who put his mother in hospital several times when Gordon was a child and I think he’s very close and protective of her now. So I can’t imagine him using abusive violent language to her

I’m not saying he’s a saint, he’s got a short fuse and he can be aggressive with a foul mouth. Perhaps he’s both like his father in some ways and hates being like him?

I think the swearing is just how his internal monologue speaks, and when he loses control it comes out, but I’m not sure :woman_shrugging:

He’s definitely very hyper, and fidgety. He used to be sporty, and lost his chance to be a professional footballer due to injury

I understand why people don’t like him, he can be pretty obnoxious!
:fearful:

But I admire him for pulling himself up from an awful start and set backs and I can understand that having done that, you wouldn’t have much time for slackers, moaners and the incompetent and they would get on your nerves :rofl:

And he seems to be a real family man

Plus he’s a good cook and I like his recipes :man_cook:

And he can be entertaining, empathic and funny :rofl:

Marmite, I suppose, with more haters than lovers!

2 Likes

The programme Future Foods is a food version of The Apprentice , the latest entrant to be kicked out Amit is local to me just a couple of miles away with a restaurant in a previous village pub. I have never been in there or tried his food.

I liked Amit, maybe he wasn’t quite competitive enough

The place he runs is Indian food, isn’t it? so it depends if that’s your thing

I’d give it a go, though, because when he did the Deliveroo challenge, the judges said his was delicious

1 Like

I think some of the swearing comes from being a cook. On the cooking competitions where the people competing are all cooks, there’s a lot of swearing, even from the women. I think part of that comes from how some of the cooks start out. Some of them start out drug-addicted or come out of prison, starting as dishwashers and learning the trade as they go. That’s just coming from looking at the background of many of the cooks I’ve seen in the competitions and some of the chefs in general.

Unfortunately, this show isn’t playing in the US as far as I can tell. Fair play for Last Chance Kitchen, I guess. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Hi Maree :grinning: Amit does a mixture of food mainly Indian which I love.
I might give his restaurant a try sometime but usually find eating out to be a disappointment and I could get better at home.

I am sorry Amit has gone and don’t think he deserved to.

1 Like

Yes, I think kitchens can be a bit hot and frantic with a swearing culture so I expect it’s partly that! Some environments are just traditionally sweary

He’s never been a druggy or in nick, but he did have a very tough, violent and impoverished childhood and worked his way up to where he is now working his way up from the bottom in kitchens and doubtless getting cussed out by the chefs!

Yeah, don’t mean to move too much off topic, but he’s gotten a lot better over the years, I think. He’s pretty good to the kids in Master Chef Junior. He’s gotten better in Master Chef. And yes, his first mentors were brutal. Their reputations were that they were great master chefs but that they were pretty mean like Marco Pierre White. The restaurant industry is also pretty cut throat so there was a lot of backstabbing even within his mentors. I didn’t read his book, but I’ve seen a bunch of stuff about Ramsay on youtube that describes a lot of his past.

One of the cool things he did was go into a prison and teach some convicts to cook. That was heartwarming to watch.

1 Like

Yes, I like him but I do think it’s because some of his bad traits remind me of me!

Did you see his US Kitchen Nightmares series?

Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares US

1 Like