Goose down duvets

What do you think of them?

Last goose down duvet I bought, the feathers disintegrated after a couple of years, and the duvet was just full of dust. Would never waste my money on one again.

If you like that sort of thing, the best quality are those on QVC - ‘Northern Nights’ 

:surprised::surprised:I have heard that Goose Down Duvets are very expensive.

They are - I only like feathers on the birdies :-p

:lol::lol:

My winter duvet (an old microfibre one from Tesco) was ready for the bin, so I ordered a white goose feather and down duvet from Amazon (only 20 quid)

I ordered a 13.5 tog but they sent me a 15 tog - I can’t believe how warm it is given it is so thin!! Goose feather and down duvets are meant to be a lot warmer (therefore lighter and thinner) than duck feather equivalents.

I have no idea if it will be as good as the more expensive ones, but I am definitely impressed so far :023:

It’s nowhere near as thick/puffy as that but otherwise it’s the same style. Here is the link to the one I bought - tho I paid £21 including postage: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxury-White-Goose-Feather-Duvet/dp/B00482HQKI/ref=lp_3908268031_1_1?srs=3908268031&ie=UTF8&qid=1478387962&sr=8-1

1 Like

I am a vegan so l would not have one.

3 Likes

Got any old pillows you don’t need Azz?:wink:

1 Like

What do you need em for? :lol:

Because his old straw one is all breaking up now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love my Nimbus microfiber duvet, it is very warm and as soft and light as down without the irritation of feathers.
It washes well too :smiley:

Enjoy your new duvet Azz :slight_smile: I hope the feathers don’t tickle your nose :lol:

1 Like

Being a veggie I say Down With Down

Although most down is removed from ducks and geese during slaughter, birds in breeding flocks and those raised for meat and foie gras many endure the trauma of plucking every six weeks before they are eventually killed. But no matter where it comes from, down is a product of cruelty to animals.

1 Like

What is a “tog”? used above re quilts. I see it mentioned but have never heard of it before.

‘Inngerrish’ is so full of peculiar expressions, abbreviations & slang that I sometimes wonder if I’m on another or the wrong planet.

Food items too seem to be rife with “English language”? jargon.

Maybe I need to stop blowing out all these endless birthday cake candles - that or buy some bigger cakes. :innocent: :smiling_imp: