Good Omens 2 Sci-Fi/Fantasy series

This series started a few weeks ago on Amazon Prime. I had already seen all episodes of Good Omens 1 With David Tennant & Michael Sheen as the main characters as I bought the DVD’s when they came out as I don’t have Amazon Prime.
Was moaning about having to wait yet again for the new series to be out on DVD & my lovely daughter has subscribed to Amazon Prime on her TV so I can watch it at her house.
So far we’ve seen two episodes & it’s just as good as the original series.
Daughter hadn’t seen the first series so I had to keep explaining things to her about the characters etc. David Tennant & Michael Sheen still play the main characters & a few others are original.
Two actors from the original series have different parts, longer parts with more dialog than in the original, they are good too.
I am so pleased I get to watch it on TV & I’ll still get the DVD’s when they are released too.

Not seen series 2 yet. I preferred the book better than the series, although it was quite watchable.

1 Like

I liked both the book & the series. Mainly I guess because David Tennant was in it, but Michael Sheen is brilliant too.
Did you get the DVD’s too then of series 1?

1 Like

No. I just watched it when it was shown on Amazon.

1 Like

Are you going to watch 2 then if you still have Prime?

I may do when I get round to it. Am I right in thinking there will be a season 3?

No idea about 3, I was just glad they did 2. I’ll say goodnight now. Thanks for replying to my thread. :+1:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to GO 2. I enjoyed the book and thoroughly enjoyed the TV version of it. I really enjoy Terry Pratchett’s way of taking a sideways look at things.

The TV adaptation of The Colour of Magic was not exactly inspiring, so I’ve been wary ever since. I thought Going Postal was pretty good, especially with casting Charles Dance as The Patrician, but the original Good Omens was superb in my opinion, especially the portrayal of the friendship between the two main characters from different races.

1 Like

I never got on with the TV adaptations, they were far too removed from the source material, either by being shot on a low budget and/or cutting out characters and scenes. The worst effort was the BBC adaptation of “The Watch”, which was a mish-mash of a couple of books was an absolute abomination and an insult to Pratchetts work, being totally unrecognisable.

The books - especially Going Postal - are far better by miles. As good as the TV version of Omens was, I preferred the original novel.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I forgot about that abomination. I tried to watch it but gave up after about 20 minutes. It was positively dire.

2 Likes

I have the DVD’s of Truckers, Soul Music, Wyrd Sisters, Those all cartoons.
All the following on DVD as well.
The Colour of Magic, ok but miscast David Jason was not Rincewind, wrong shape. :grinning: Far better in Hogfather as Albert. Going Postal was good and of course Good Omens.
I didn’t see The Watch.
They always change the script/plot when they make a film of a book, sometimes they need to I guess.
I thought the first Good Omens stuck to the story well. This new one wasn’t a book, just an idea Terry had with Neil Gaiman before he died, so Neil fixed it.

2 Likes

Off to my Daughters house now to watch more Good Omens 2
:star_struck:

1 Like

Watched all now & left it rather open to another series, though they did finish the actual story line. I will get the DVD so my friend can watch it with me.

1 Like

Watched GO2. I enjoyed it , the dialog, the acting and the presentation and individual story elements were excellent. But I found the overall story arc to be poorly thought out full of plot holes and poor.

Absolutely worth watching tho.

I need to watch it all again to see if I get what you meant. Personally I just enjoyed both series & never analyze any.

1 Like