Good Morning Wednesday 9th September 2026

Good morning (or good afternoon for me)

We made it to Burra today, an old mining town, actually a very nice town. Got free parking/overnight stay for having a meal in the hotel which seems a good idea.

On the downside it looks like the Oodnadatta Track is closed for the foreseeable future because of rain so we have to make a rapid reassessment of our trip.

We might head south to Adelaide for a couple of days, the art gallery there has an exhibition my daughter wants to see, then to Lake Alexandria (I think that is right) the mouth of the Murray River followed by a visit to Mt Gambier and Ballarat. It is disappointing but it is what it is.

Hope your day is more successful.

Take care…

3 Likes

Morning all…

A bright warm sunny day down here in southern Hampshire. Just come back from my daily walk whilst contemplating the day’s activities. Nothing too exciting, that’s for sure. I would like to drive down to a river outfall I know of which is home to a Kingfishers nest and see if I can snap one. Not done this for a while and I need to check with the wife first (still asleep as I write this!). We need to sit down and sort out what’s happening with this idea of spending a week in Las Vegas early December. It will be expensive, but she keeps on about wanting to go back, as we last went twenty years ago. Meanwhile, I need to book some photo studio time to keep hand in and to try to convince myself I need a new lens.

Have a great day all…

:smile: :sunny: :+1:

2 Likes

Good morning

A much better day, theres that autumn nip in the air but it’s sunny as well, a jeans and tee shirt day

My doctors appointment has been cancelled as he is not well, I could see another one but I’ve been with him for over 20 years and, unless it was desperate, would rather wait a few days

So I’m at a lose end, probably meet a friend for coffee, shopping then home for the rest of the day

Hope you get your photos Graham, safe journey Bruce and wishing everybody an enjoyable day

2 Likes