Good Morning Wednesday 8th May 2024

Good morning all.

I am in Kalgoorlie/Border, it’s in the centre of the WA goldfields as I understand it, I have been here once before. Am going to spend a couple of nights here.

Today started off foggy with totally grey sky, once the sun burnt thay off it has been horizon to horizon blue skies.

Just come back from buying fuel, what a job that was, finding somewhere actually open

What ya up to?

4 Likes

Morning all – more sunshine today – can this mean summer is on its way at long last? :sunny:

The beast is annoying me today! :icon_evil: She left a little gift in the cloakroom before keeping me standing by the open door while she decided whether to go out or not – eventually she walked away and looked very surprised when I closed the door and left her sitting in the middle of the room! I love the little monster to bits but this time I will not be sorry when her regular servants return on Saturday! :041:

Very exciting day today! :yawning_face: Ironing plus cleaning the bedroom and en suite (not my favourite job!!)

Take care – have a great day everyone

4 Likes

Morning all
Brilliant news. I hoped for the best but was very anxious at yesterday hospital appointment with my cardiac consultant .
My heart has recovered its strength after surgery to remove large aneurysm.
A twenty minute ultrasound scan ,imaging and measurements showed my heart working strongly

Happy happy days xxx

15 Likes

Now that is really good news

1 Like

Wouldn’t the side of your shoe gently pushing from behind help make up her mind?

That is wonderful news - you must be so relieved

1 Like

The last time I “persuaded” her to leave it took several days for the injuries (mine!) to heal :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Brilliant news Ripple!

1 Like

Good morning/afternoon!

Glorious weather here - forecast reckons we’re in for a beautiful week, i’ll take that.
So yesterday my delivery arrived mid afternoon. Have to say they were brilliant and kept me informed throughout the morning.
Anyway, as i suspected it did not fit through the front door, until i cut away all the cardboard and packing that surrounded it - why do they use so much of the stuff?

So the effort was worth it in the end, and i’m a satisfied customer!

As i couldn’t go out yesterday, i’m making up for it this afternoon - some walking exercise i think, followed by some shopping.

Take care and have a good day all (What’s left of it!) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Good Afternoon From Foxy’s World… :man_white_haired:
Slack day today and got the Tesco shop done early. Lovely warm and sunny but a pity it’s a rest day so no walking or cycling. I did however turn up for my Eleven O Clock appointment with the charming Kerry for a haircut…Examples Follow:----
Before…

And after…

It’s just taken me half an hour to remove all the cuttings from my vest and shirt, so annoying if left…I think I will go naked next time to avoid the spillage!
I probably know my way around Kalgoorlie better than you do Bruce with the amount of hours I’ve spent watching ‘Aussie Gold Hunters’ just fascinating…
Foot up the backside is not the way to get a cat to go outside Bruce, it might work on me, but a cat will turn on a sixpence, grip your sock with it’s claws like mud stuck on a running shoe, and gnorr away at yer ankle… :009:…Ouch!
Brilliant news Ripple… :hugs: I bet that’s a load off your mind… :+1:
I hate having to wait around for a delivery Anise, especially when it’s sunny, that’s why I never buy owt’ off the net if I can help it…
Off to annoy Mrs Fox now, I’ve got her sweeping the drive…
Just watch that bike love…

Sweeping

D’ja think I’d be on here chatting to you lot if Mrs Fox looked like that?.. :009: :042:

had a hair cut as well today then off to the garden centre, Sue wanted a couple of things. Next stop the pub and ha\d a nice carvery meal and a pint. Now home and a shot nap after all the excitement

2 Likes

Morning all,
Warm and sunny weather again… hurrah!
I went into work for just a couple of hours, things needed attending to after all the excitement of last night.
I was instructed to get rid of two rather heavy duty cheesecakes, there’s no way we can refreeze and serve them. I’m keeping one and the other is going to a neighbour, I’m sure we’ll manage :wink::+1:

Very dapper Foxy, have you really thought it through as to going to the barber naked? Where on earth will you keep your tip? :thinking: A rhetorical question I hasten to add! :wink:
Congratulations Ripple, you really must be feeling on top of the world! :+1:

Enjoy your day people!

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go to that barber again if I were you, he made you shorter.

[quote=“OldGreyFox, post:10, topic:103890”]
Foot up the backside is not the way to get a cat to go outside Bruce,
[/quote ]

I wasn’t think of kicking the cat merely an encouraging assistance in the right direction.

1 Like

Just couldn’t be happier for you, Ripple. Wishing you many happy, healthy decades ahead!

1 Like

Good morning from sunny Florida! The differential heating has the clouds blooming vertically like heaped of whipped cream and the surf is up enough to be able to hear the hip-high waves frothing ashore.

Yesterday was an exciting one with the return of Maggie, the newest addition to the canis familia after her spaying surgery - the last of several difficult treatments to get her healthy and ready for the good life.

She is the sweetest and gentlest of souls, the victim of a careless owner who let her have several litters, starved her, and left her heartworm positive. Worse, she had either been abandoned or chased off and shot. When they did the spaying surgery, they discovered her abdomen was full of buckshot and her eye problem/blindness that they thought was an entropion was most likely caused by the shooting.

You know what they say about living well and revenge :sunglasses:

I think there is a misguided belief that a gun gives you power. Nope. It’s giv

Fabulous find, Chilli. A tragic shame that we are not your neighbors :weary:!

OGF is looking mighty sharp with a clipping of the head hedge :+1:.

Behind in the news, Anise, what was the delivery pray tell?

I am off to sweep. Word has it that it results in miracles… :icon_lol:.

5 Likes

Well, I do like our barber. Actually, she cuts the ours at home and it is cheaper.

2 Likes

Just in case there was any misunderstanding in my intentions…I would be taking Mrs Fox to M&S for some proper clothes… :009:
Did I mention that I heard my first Cuckoo of the year on Tuesday?
:owl:
Sorry, it’s a what? I’m no good with birds… :017:

Mine gets done at home too, I put a #2 spacer on my clippers - head, beard and eyebrows all in one fell swoop. Can’t get much cheaper than that :wink:

1 Like

Welcome home Maggie. :grinning:

2 Likes

I haven’t my glasses on but is that Nora Batty?

1 Like