Good Morning Wednesday 25/05/2022

Hi

Good Morning All.

Very grey here, Alexa is not working.

Wendy is here later, firepit to build, patio to pressure wash,patio table and chairs to clean and then ready for the Summer.

Just the weeding to do.

I have more Radish to thin and having found a recipe for radish tops, lunch will be good.

Have a good day all.

1 Like

Morning Swimmy and everyone to follow

I haven’t slept a wink and I ended up getting up at 5am sick of tossing and turning.

Luckily I don’t have work today. I’ll probably nod off anytime now here on my recliner with Loki on my lap.

Will have to go out at 12 as its one of dad’s fish days.

If she’s up to it I’m hoping to visit one of my best friends, one of the Golden girls who was taken very ill on Monday with bronchial pneumonia and a suspected blood clot. She has an enormous whatvliiks like a bruise on her leg but not knocked it. Very worrying indeed and I cant stop thinking about her.
She is a very poorly lady to begin with as she has many poor health issues.

She is one of the loveliest, kind hearted and thoughtful people I have ever met and I’m so frightened for her. I love her dearly and praying she makes it. She has Addisons disease which is a serious illness within itself and her immune system is shot.

I can only pray my friend responds to treatment.

Have a good day.

I hope your day is worry free

Xxx

1 Like

Good morning everybody.

Your day sounds good Swimmy.

Queenie, I’m so sorry about your friend. I hope she’s not too ill to see you. Put some very soft music on & try to relax in your recliner.

I’m out walking with my friend Chris today but only a two mile walk round a local reservoir.
We need to combine it with a bit of clothes shoppping as we’re both going on holiday in less than 2 weeks. I genuinely need some new stuff due to steroid induced weight gain.

Tony is out with Ady for the day so he will have a nice day too.

Have a good day all…

Good morning all, the sun has just come out, but chilly.
Not going out today or maybe just to the sea wall.
Just done a load of washing, will now put that outside on the washing line.
Have a nice day all.

Morning everyone, breezy here but bright, mild and dry so no complaints.

Just finished hoovering and mopping through the house and taking a well earned break now with a steaming cappucino before cleaning the bathroom, but then the day is my own apart from knocking up a quick Thai red curry for lunch.

Healing thoughts to your friend Queenie…

Enjoy your day folks :blush:

Morning all.

Echoing Barry’s sentiments, sending healing thoughts to LQ’s friend.

Getting ready to leave in about an hour for my day trip to Cromer. Have put bits in my new pull along shopping trolley and will leave the heavy backpack behind. Can decant my light anorak and fleece in it should they become unnecessary as the day wears on. I will also be taking a flask of coffee, some snacks and a book to read on the train.

Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Enjoy you day @Jazzi ,Cromer is a nice town. Oh, and bring me a crab back will you… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Good morning!

But I shouldn’t be here really
I was due to set off on a week’s holiday this morning, but I feel a bit cold & bleary, and the weather is cold, dull, & drizzly, so I’ve decided to put it off until tomorrow

I’m going to Yorkshire & the Yorkshire coast, around Flamborough Head & York, taking in a couple of museums & the scenery
Let’s hope I feel better tomorrow!

2 Likes

Rained overnight and it is still cold today 19/20°. The gound is boggy and awful even worse there is no sign that La Nina is declining and BOM is talking about it lasting at least until spring. Ugggh!

Went shopping for milk and cheese, then came home to pack clothes for my trip to Canberra for dog sitting duties tomorrow. We are also booked into Burns Club for a meal on Friday night for my birthday.

Took my car in to get the front wheels balanced.

Have a good one!

Looks a nice spot @Bruce , my sister in law lives in Canberra in the south west of the city somewhere, but not sure quite where as we haven’t had the chance to visit, which we will try to put right when we visit Oz in December, so try to make sure the weather is ok by then will you… :nerd_face:

Actually @Barry normally I would normally never go to Canberra in winter, it can snow there in winter (not that it settles) but all my kids have dogs now and it seems to be my job to look after them while they go away for weekends etc.

Canberra has become a terrific city with a small population, planned roads and plenty of things to keep you interested and entertained. I am a member of a couple of clubs in Canberra (not the Burns Club though). The only problem is the climate it is bloody hot in summer and freezing cold in winter.

I am taking two bags, one is just warm clothes because the temperature at this time of the year is 5° during the night and about 14° during the day - bitter!

1 Like

Check your internet connection - mine’s been dropping out regularly lately, so it knackers it for Alexa and my Amazon Prime streaming service.

Just recovering from a severe bout of bronchitis-type coughing. Had it since Saturday and as well as the constant coughing all hours of the day and night has given me pain in the ribs and made me lose sleep, so I’m worn out.

Oh well, munt complain tha knows.

Good morning all :smiley: a showery day.

A lot of goings on here, last night there was a knock at the door from a police officer asking if we had heard anything as there had been an ‘incident’ in our road. We hadn’t heard a thing. This morning we had the news there had been a brawl in one of the houses, several people involved and one person had been murdered and several injured and in hospital. :astonished: Our road and surrounding roads are closed and there are several police cars around. It shook us up having that happen just houses away from us. :worried:

1 Like

Thank you for good thoughts for my friend. I’m not going this afternoon. Shes in a lot of pain and exhausted and still waiting for the scan to see if clot! Apparently going for scan this afternoon.

If I visit it will take it out of her and she needs to rest. . I told her to let me know when she feels up to visitors.

You get well our Judd can’t do wi’ worrying abart thee anorl tha nos. Queenie hugs .

1 Like

LQ, sorry to hear about your friend’s ill health. Hope she heals well.

Wow Mags. :107: Scary stuff. Calming thoughts to you.

Morning to all.

Just got done watering. Now it’s time for eating. After that, relaxing.

Have a wonder-filled day everyone.

Oh mags sorry I overlooked your post. That’s awful and unsettling . Big hugs for you too xxxx

Please share that one, Swimmy, I love radishes but have never thought of using the tops.

Good morning all.
Grey and cloudy with quite a chilly wind blowing today.

Had to go for a quick ultra sound this morning on my throat/neck. ENT thoght he felt a lump.
She couldn’t see anything amiss though, so that was a relief.

Poor Judd, perhaps it’s Man Flu. It must have been him coughing and spluttering that carried on the breeze and kept waking my Liffey up last night. Get well soon, Judsy. :wink:

Mags, that’s a bit too close for comfort. Scary stuff ey. Wonder what that was all about?
Glad you and Mr. Mags are safe anyway.

Sounds good to me, Zuludog, hope you feel well enough tomorrow.