Good Morning Wednesday, 24th April 2024

Morning all, or actually arvo for me but I have been busy.

Went for my walk as usual then a bit of shopping - just odds and ends and some milk. Noticed that it looks like one of the paddocks that I go past is being prepared for sub dividing into housing blocks

Funny day, a southerly change came through so the temperature dropped from mid 20s to high teens and felt a bit chilly.

Still sort of planning a trip but will probably leave next week some time. My 3D printer is hard at it too.

Hope your day turns out good. Have a happy oneā€¦

2 Likes

Good morning everyone

3 Likes

Morning all ā€“ dull and grey (again) although we are promised some sunshine this afternoon. Not saying it was cold last night but there are several brass monkeys wandering around looking for welding equipment! :astonished:

Did some grocery shopping yesterday unfortunately the drive there seemed to aggravate the pain in my foot so spent the afternoon reading the latest book purchase ā€“ which I have now finished! Still in pain but seems to be improving so will do as little as possible today (not difficult for lazy me!) :blush:

Donā€™t know if it the pain or if I am just becoming a grumpy old woman but the local radio presenter is really annoying me this morning ā€“ although to be fair Iā€™m not a big fan of his at the best of times! :angry:

Take care ā€“ hope everyone has a great day

2 Likes

Good morn all
Something to jump around while listening to (Keeping fit?)

1 Like

Good Morning From Foxyā€™s Worldā€¦ :iphone:
Well it had to happen didnā€™t itā€¦
Iā€™ve had an old clamshell phone Iā€™ve been using since Alan Whicker was a lad and it has done everything I have asked of it, however, I acquired a smartphone (donā€™t ask) recently and stuck a ten quid sim in it so I could use the camera on my drone, and have been taking it with me on trig hunting expeditions. Costs a fortune on maps and I can bring them up easily on the smartphone. Also, my old clamshell isnā€™t talking to my car, but the smartphone doesā€¦
On the rare occasion that any of my family and friends want to talk to me (and not need me to do them a job) I gave them my ā€˜carphone numberā€™ because up until now the smartphone lives in the carā€¦Very confusing!
So yesterday I visited the vodafone shop and had a micro sim made up that fits the smartphone and contains my original phone number. I have since retired my old clamshellā€¦ :cry:
So Foxy has been dragged, kicking and screaming into the 21st century. There wonā€™t be any of this walking down the street or sitting on bus scrolling through the latest OFC posts or any other internet siteā€¦Oh No!.. :009:
Sweetie Pie? :thinking: Donā€™t I know that name from somewhereā€¦ :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I bet OldGreyFox will start doing the mobile phone walk now anyway. And what is that you ask? you can spot them easily, they walk heads down and usually in a circle and even on occassion bump into objects

2 Likes

our internet went down yesterday afternoon and house telephone both on full fibre network, Canā€™t complain about the service from the supplier ā€œBOX COMMUNICATIONSā€ it was restored early this morning with an email apology for what they called an ā€œoutageā€ what ever that means.

2 Likes

Living in a university city I see them all the time! I once actually saw someone walk into the side of a bus which was waiting at traffic lights!

2 Likes

Greets Peeps. Rare Sunny blue sky day here. BUT
Waz up until 2am this morning. Trying to fix, without success, Pixilated . 90+ Freeview channels downloaded.
Only BBC channels watchable.
No Bronzy Bronze on this bod today >> Afternoon Zzzzz next stop.

2 Likes

About bloody time too, smart phones have long been more than just a phone - sat nav, shopping list, alarm clock, diary, calendar, encyclopaedia, portable radio, record player and so much more. Even better they make and receive phone calls too.

There is still no need to walk about starring at them none the less, they are an aide not a life support system.

I am nearing the day when I will ditch my wallet, carry cash and cards in my phone case.

1 Like

Sorry Bruce but I am one of those neanderthals who only use their phone for phone calls and texts! :astonished: I can connect to the internet but I donā€™t. This does mean that when out and about I am aware of what is going on around me, appreciate the sound of birds and never bump into people or things :grinning:

3 Likes

That made me laugh,Iā€™ve just upgraded to a flip 'phone for 4G.Itā€™s not smart but a lot smarter then the previous one.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping I can keep it under control Sheilaā€¦And I totally agree with you, I like to know whatā€™s going on around me, either when Iā€™m out in nature or walking down the street.

Sounds like a signal problem QES check the aerial if you have one or the connection in the back of the tellyā€¦Them plugs is rubbishā€¦ :009:

Good advice Bruceā€¦ :+1: Up until now I have always accessed most of that stuff in the comfort of a warm armchair on my laptop, but when you are out on the moor looking for a cement pillar about the size of a wheelie bin, a map and a photo from someone who has recently visited said pillar is very handyā€¦ :sunglasses:

The clamshell was very handy to chuck it in the rucksack Mr Smith, but I found that increasingly I was making use of the smartphone and paying a tenner a month for a sim, as well as paying 7 quid for my clamshell contract. I decided that I could have it all for my 7 quid, and the smartphone talks to my car which the clamshell didnā€™tā€¦I think Bruce is right, you can have access to the world in your pocketā€¦ :earth_africa:

2 Likes

Thanks Foxy. Tried all that.
Been 2 the www. moon.org and back [twice] :grinning: trying to sort it.
Thereā€™s clearly sommit fishy going on, with allocation of frequency transmission bandwidths. Thatā€™s being concealed from the public.
BBC sitting pretty. Freeserve TV. getting the hit.
While an influx of Mobile and Commercial companies, financially compete for the limited & strongest frequencies, at any one transmitter.
Never mind TV Licence payers coughing up. Small Fry. Compared to what commerce can afford.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry youā€™re not alone, there are plenty in my seniors club that only keep their mobile phone for ā€œemergenciesā€. I have explained to them so often that the mobile phone is heaps cheaper and far more convenient than the landline they cling on to.

However I run occasional classes for those having trouble with their mobile phone and the number that really want to do more with their mobile phone is climbing exponentially - I think they see their grandkids using mobile phones with ease and want to be as good.