Good Morning Wednesday, 21st February 2024

Good Morning all you wonderful wordsmiths on this warm, wet Wednesday.

Don’t have a lot planned, went for my morning walk and came a cross a flock of Bin Chickens in the skate park getting revved up because it’s bin day. (Ibis)

(Sorry about the quality but only had my phone and it was too wet to venture onto the grass.)

Actually it has brightened up since my walk though it is still overcast with temperatures only in the mid 20s.

Hope you have better weather but whatever, just enjoy the day…

1 Like

Good morning Bruce and indeed to those of you who are up and those still in slumber city!
I was quite taken by the pictures of the ibis. I’d never, ever have associated them with Australia until now. The only time I’ve seen them was in Egypt where they were scavenging in the fields, of course they were deified as Thoth in days gone by.

I don’t know about the ibis but I’m bloody well up with the lark again and just on the second coffee. Nothing much planned for today, into the gym later to hit the chest and triceps and then housework and pottering!

Have a good day people! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Morning everyone - heavy rain last night which is continuing this morning (oh what a surprise!) I am sure I have seen animals lining up in pairs in the local park!

When visiting my brother in Australia I saw lots of Ibis - not a common sight in UK Bruce!

The only thing planned for today is some shopping, if the rain eases off, and some little light housework.

Hope everyone has a lovely day

1 Like

Good Morning Wednesday people… :rowing_man:
I think the animals are queueing up for a place on my ark Sheila, the boats almost finished, just the passenger manifest to sort out…Snakes have no need to apply for a ticket… :009:
Chucking it down with rain this morning and the Tesco car park was flooded… :open_mouth:
Not walking this morning, I’m not a frog…Although Mrs Fox might give you an argument. She usually does, especially when her back is playing her up. She threw the shopping list in my face during our Tesco shop and stormed off to sit in the car.
Women are so annoying and illogical I might leave them off the ark this time round.
I don’t care if I have to spend the rest of my life walking around in creased up shirts…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I would have asked you to keep a place for me on the boat OGF - but I don’t fancy spending my time ironing your shirts! You must have given your wife a reason to leave the shopping to you - loading the trolley with stuff which wasn’t on the list was my husband’s favourite trick (which sometimes had the same result!)

2 Likes

When I first came to Australia and Sydney in the 1960s I don’t remember seeing Ibis at all and I couldn’t understand why the city was flooded with them in the 2000s to the point of being a pest until I came across this Youtube video:

Evening all … had an uneventful day. Once the rain stopped and the sun came out I did go out for a walk to the library and do one or two errands.
@Bruce … I love the ibis piccies.

1 Like

She’s been struggling with a bad back Sheila and turned a bit grumpy. However, she hasn’t been able to walk with her friend this morning (they go every day) and she has had to miss going to keep fit this afternoon, so I can understand her grumpiness. She does have an unorthodox method of shopping in the supermarket, whereas I produce lists in the order of shop and use a particular route around the isles for maximum efficiency (I know, boring) and we sometimes clash, this morning was such a morning…I keep my head down and finish the shopping…
:blush:

So sorry to hear about your wife’s painful back - it is difficult not to be grumpy when in constant pain but I am sure she does her best

1 Like