Good Morning Wednesday, 17th April 2024

It’s a funny day, not too warm but not cold, there is that Autumn chill in the air, supposed to shower later but no sign of that yet.

Went for my usual walk this morning, pounding suburbia.

Noticed that this plant is blooming all over the place at this time, have no idea what it is but love the yellow.

Some people only have one job but don’t always succeed very well at it.

I am a bit OCD and it drives me up the wall every time I walk past it.

I noticed outside the local drug dealer, sorry tobacconist, that his/her garbage bin is full of empty packets of the banned disposable vapes, I shall be contacting the PAL line because I am pretty sure they are supplying them to school kids (absolutely no proof though) I just see the kids leaving the shop and they sell nothing anyone under 18 could legally buy.

Anyway that’s my morning so far. Hope you have a good day. Take care…

3 Likes

Hi all,
did a quick google on the flowers, they are beautiful Bruce.

Tuesday evening are a bit disorientating knowing there’s a commute coming up tomorrow.

If anyone happens to have insights on Power Query in excel, and the fastest free tutorials on it, please reply. Was introduced yesterday and wondering where has it been the last 20 years :smiley:

Happy Wed!

2 Likes

@Bruce looks like the lid just needs lifting and turning round. The white line would match up then

Morning all - weather started sunny but has clouded over :cloud:

Lovely photos Bruce. I think I dislike vaping as much as smoking, walking through a cloud of scented “vapour” is very unpleasant. Although vapes don’t contain tobacco they do still contain nicotine so certainly shouldn’t be sold to school children

Daily Beastie report: I am getting concerned and stressed about her, she isn’t her usual self, keeps demanding cuddles and to sit on my lap, refused to go out again this morning but she does seem to be eating more. Do cats get lonely?

As my foot is feeling better will be off shopping later, my fridge isn’t as full as it should be and my essential coffee supplies are running low! :astonished:

Take care - have a good day

1 Like

Yep. It wouldn’t have been too difficult to do it when they last used it.

In theory at least you need a prescription in Australia from a GP for a vape containing any nicotine but one of the reasons they were banned was that the contents are not properly designated.

Good Morning From Foxy’s World… :blue_car:
Dropped motor in for MOT and service at the local garage and carried on to do my walk.
Not a cloud in the sky but a cold North wind, I had to do plenty of jogging to keep warm as I was in my shorts… :running_man:
I decided it was nice enough to do my five mile route, but stayed on the paths instead of splashing through the woods (best running shoes on) following a few cycle paths I soon bobbed out onto Thorne road. It’s one of the main routes into the city centre and lots of people use it at this time in the morning to go to work and the result is long queues at the roundabout.

This photo is looking back up the road I’ve just come down and it appears I’m being followed…She never caught me up because I ran a good portion of this road to get it over with quickly.

It was nice to leave the traffic behind and head out into the country, I always look forward to arriving at the lane, which was surprisingly dry, less than two miles left to do…And breakfast… :yum:
So with no car for the rest of the day (the garage does an MOT and service so I tell them they can have it all day and just fit it in to their busy schedule) and the postman just handed me some bills that need my attention, so that’ll be my next job…
Cats do like like some human attention now and then Sheila, and I suspect she is beginning to feel comfortable with you and trusts you. They do get lonely sometimes but only require love on their terms… :black_cat: A bit like Mrs Fox… :shushing_face:

2 Likes

That second picture makes me nostalgic for my former home - on the edge of a village overlooking open fields

Seems to me that lady was trying to keep her distance rather than catch up with you OGF! :smile:

I do hope the Beastie is just lonely - it is just she is not acting like her “normal” self and they have left me no instructions as to what to do if she becomes ill, which is stressing me out a bit