Good Morning Wednesday 15th May 2024

I am confused. Just had an email about half hour ago from the company supplying me with a printer.
The email was to say they are sending a replacement??? still waiting for the one I ordered 3 days ago let alone asking for a replacement

So if now I get two I can legally sell the second one on as it is quote " The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 state that you have a right to keep goods delivered to you that you didn’t ask for. You have no obligation to send them back to the company or to pay for them.

called unsolicited goods

1 Like

At our age that is to be expected.

BTW did you get a laser printer?

it is an Epson expression XP-970 printer. I got this one as I already have a lot of cartridges bought for the XP-950 which has now stopped working but uses the same carts, .
also had a message from the carriers as to where the parcel is.

Ink jet or laser?

I love Italian food, the simplicity of making the most of basic ingredients.
Much of the cuisine came out of necessity to eat well for pennies. British people claim poor people cannot eat healthily on a low budget, need to study Italian food culture.

Same with Greek food. Some courgettes, onions, chickpeas and hey-presto a banquet for pennies

2 Likes

The secret is keeping it simple but with good quality ingredients. No need for numerous herbs/spices.
It’s amazing how you can make a delicious dish using just 2/3 simple ingredients, for example spaghetti with a tomato sauce made with fresh tomatoes, cooked in EVOO, with garlic, basil or parsley, and there you have it!

2 Likes

I did the most simple version of calamari recently and it was by far my best.

A traditional Greek method where you basically drop the squid rings in savoury flour then ice cold water then back in flour then into the oil for 1 minute

2 Likes

That’s interesting, I’ve always thought that squid rings should be dried (well at least, not dropping wet) before coating them in flour, unless you dip them in batter.