Good Morning Wednesday 15th May 2024

Morning all – forecast is for sun but at the moment it is overcast and feels quite chilly compared to the last few days (never satisfied that’s me!)

Hope you have your own supplies Bruce, don’t think a tomato and orange juice will sustain you for long!

Didn’t investigate the bus service into town yesterday but spent most of the day sorting things to go into the new cabinet and reading.

Only plan so far today is my regular six monthly blood test – not something I look forward to as I hate needles, still needs must

Take care – have a lovely day

4 Likes

Morning all! We managed to avoid the rain - just!.

3 Likes

Just done the daily walk before it gets too hot or starts raining. Hoping the new printer comes today? but who knows. the one I have now is 10+years old and sometimes it works but mostly doesn’t which is no good to me. it switches on but no screen then doesn’t like being turned off,

3 Likes

Did I mention it was warm?

I walked from the caravan park into town, the funny thing is I was surprised at the temperature but I think you just get used to it, it is just getting dark and the temperature inside my camper is still 34° but should drop to low/mid 20s overnight

4 Likes

Good Morning From Foxy’s World… :sleeping_bed:
Rest day today, so just an early visit to the Tesco and a peruse round the forum after breakfast.
It looks very warm around the world judging by some of the posts and brilliant photographs.
Gentle rain here and cloudy, but still warm enough to warrant the shorts. Had a drive down to Nottingham yesterday to have a look at new to me car. It fulfilled all the requirements but under the bonnet was a mess, I think John the Baptist was the last person to look under it, and it will need a new clutch in six months judging by the amount of play on the clutch pedal… :009:
The search continues…

3 Likes

I have chatted to a number of blokes since crossing the Nullarbor who are gold prospecting with metal detectors. Apparently these detectors are so sophisticated these days that they can be set to only register gold (or whatever metal you want)

Also chatted the day before yesterday to half a dozen guys with a big drilling rig on a couple of trucks who were contractors drilling sample bores for prospecting companies - that is big time - they had just finished the job and were on their way home

3 Likes

If I was a bit younger and had the money, I would be out there in a shot Bruce…
Diggin Britt

2 Likes

Good morning! What a beautiful world we live in, near and far!

Bruce, you seem to have perfected your campsite. The teardrop is looking sharp. Do most of the campsites you visit have showers and plumbing?

Chilli, aside from a pina colada, there is no finer use of a banana than bread. My young daughter enjoys making a recipe with sour cream with a side of homemade honey butter, but since she’s too busy with her university classes, if you will kindly pass a slice, I will pass that butter! :smiley:

Rose, who can notice the feral pigs for that view? Is that an old olive tree behind your visitor? What a lovely location! I am sure you enjoy every day of it. We have a nearly a half million feral pigs in Florida that can be traced back to the hogs brought to the New World by DeSoto in the 1500s.

PSXtreme, those dear deer are beautiful, I miss having them visit our place in Kansas City when we lived along a creek there. It every amazes me how they survive the sometimes wickedly cold stretches. Good news that the weather has calmed down a bit, we had quite a mess down here after you sent it our way - mostly in the form of tourists’ flipped campers and RVs.

Sheila, I hope you are enjoying the cabinet; it’s a rare thing to find a craftsman to do that sort of work in my part of the world.

No metal detecting here today, but it reminds me that there is nearby gentleman who runs a small and successful business locating lost metals for people who lose things along the beaches - mostly wedding rings and other jewelry. Although he uses a state-of-the-art detector, it was his neighbor, without so much as a spade, who once found something glittering in the spindrift that turned out to be a $15K Rolex. Either way, both have been more successful than OGF’s friend who clearly hasn’t found enough aluminum cans to even afford pants.

This promises to be a completely unexciting day of pitching snow shovels and other unnecessary items that fall under the category of “You never know when you might need this.” At least I finally have an answer to that question :icon_lol:.

Hoping this finds you well!

4 Likes

Brilliant! You’ve just made me choke on my coffee :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I have a box full of cereal, instant noodles, baked beans, tea, coffee etc and fridge with marg, cheese, milk, carrots etc plus about 25 litres of water.

All the paid ones do, if they didn’t you might as well stay at a rest area or in the bush for free (as my kids do). Some remote roadhouses only have power and water for showers (they will happily sell you bottled water or beer). Often it is bore water which sometimes tastes awful (but is safe to drink) and you pay a premium because they are remote and have to generate their own power - I think the most I have paid so far is $45 for a powered site. Before Covid anything over $30 was considered expensive

I can go without power - I have an ensuite “tent” on the side of the car for a shower or toilet and battery/solar power in both car and camper. The aux battery in the car could run the fridge indefinitely even if the car engine is not run as long as it gets sun on the solar panel

1 Like

update

just been removing everything off the computer relating to Epson. thank goodness I have Revo uninstaller program which does most of the uninstall for me. still checked in reg edit that nothing left and there was one item, also cleared from “C” drive which everything works from.

1 Like

Yes, @Surfermom, it’s one of our oldest olive trees. We have an olive plantation, like many people in our area. For the last two years though, no olive harvest. One year they were just no good and another year the quantity of olives on the trees was so scarce that they weren’t worth harvesting.

1 Like

I am confused. Just had an email about half hour ago from the company supplying me with a printer.
The email was to say they are sending a replacement??? still waiting for the one I ordered 3 days ago let alone asking for a replacement

So if now I get two I can legally sell the second one on as it is quote " The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 state that you have a right to keep goods delivered to you that you didn’t ask for. You have no obligation to send them back to the company or to pay for them.

called unsolicited goods

1 Like

At our age that is to be expected.

BTW did you get a laser printer?

it is an Epson expression XP-970 printer. I got this one as I already have a lot of cartridges bought for the XP-950 which has now stopped working but uses the same carts, .
also had a message from the carriers as to where the parcel is.

Ink jet or laser?

I love Italian food, the simplicity of making the most of basic ingredients.
Much of the cuisine came out of necessity to eat well for pennies. British people claim poor people cannot eat healthily on a low budget, need to study Italian food culture.

Same with Greek food. Some courgettes, onions, chickpeas and hey-presto a banquet for pennies

2 Likes

The secret is keeping it simple but with good quality ingredients. No need for numerous herbs/spices.
It’s amazing how you can make a delicious dish using just 2/3 simple ingredients, for example spaghetti with a tomato sauce made with fresh tomatoes, cooked in EVOO, with garlic, basil or parsley, and there you have it!

2 Likes

I did the most simple version of calamari recently and it was by far my best.

A traditional Greek method where you basically drop the squid rings in savoury flour then ice cold water then back in flour then into the oil for 1 minute

2 Likes

That’s interesting, I’ve always thought that squid rings should be dried (well at least, not dropping wet) before coating them in flour, unless you dip them in batter.