Good Morning Tuesday, 9th April 2024

Good morning torrid Tuesday trackers, it is supposed to rain later here but is quite sunny at the moment, Autumn definitely has arrived it is only 19° so have my jumper on.

Paid a visit to Pathology this morning to give blood and urine, seems to be a regular feature of life after 70, the place I used to go to opened at 7.30 but this one only opens at 8.30 so by the time I leave I am starving (can’t eat before).

I noticed these flowers just starting to bloom in my front garden, I forget what they are called but I am sure it begins with “B”, they like shade and moisture and only flower on new growth…

The smell of Jasmine is everywhere at the moment, this was by the council community centre.

Have an enjoyable day whatever you are up to.

3 Likes

Good evening / morning, all!

Excellent floral pictures Bruce. I bet that was a nice walk with the smell of Jasmine. Speaking of samples, it’s a good time to make an appointment for an annual.

How many people buy Starbuck coffee? Assuming you do drink coffee, home brew definitely less expensive, but how do you make it more tasteful than black coffee? Too much sugar makes it not good.

Here’s to a good evening and day.

Cheers

1 Like

good morning, cooler day and more rain

haircut day for me and Mrs M

2 Likes

Hi Bruce. The flower you posted is similar to one we have in UK:

Just about the end of life.

4 Likes

I am afraid Starbucks made appalling coffee, they went broke in Australia because of the real coffee culture here. Personally I am quite happy with Nescafe Blend 43 but all my kids have coffee machines of various complexities, by the time they grind the beans,make a cup, steam the milk etc I have forgotten that I wanted one (anyway I prefer tea)

You probably go have it in the UK but those aren’t it

I dragged an image into Google and found them - they are called Bromeliads (I knew it started with B :wink:) this was some of ;last year’s mob:

1 Like

Similar to a Scottish term called The Broomie Law…

1 Like

Morning all - very windy with a threat of rain today

Beast is still behaving herself and leaving no little presents to be cleaned up - although I think that may change today as she took one look at the weather and refused to leave the house!

Strange, the Australians I met were not that into coffee, Bruce! In fact they were horrified because they thought I made coffee too strong - I also found the coffee served in cafes and restaurants left much to be desired!

Off to the hairdresser later (again), last week I had it cut, today it is being coloured.

Yoga class went well yesterday, although feeling the result of the stretches today (oh the joys of getting old!)

Take care - have a good day everyone

2 Likes

That’s probably because you’re used to Costa, I sympathise :wink:

Good Morning From Foxy’s Garden…

Not a breath of wind, and the warm sun keeps poking through the clouds, It’s hard to believe that in just a couple of hours time the four horsemen of the apocalypse are going to be galloping through our village bringing gale force winds and heavy driving rain…According to the forecast anyway…
Wow Bruce we’re catching you up, it was almost 13 degrees C this morning as I left for my walk, and yesterday it reached a heady 21 degrees C…
It was like waiting to be shot in the dentist waiting room yesterday, I forgot how nervous I used to get while waiting for a few fillings. It turned out not to be as bad as I thought, and the Italian dentist (Paulo) whacked four fillings in, a scale, and it cost just 40 quid… :astonished: Delightful!

3 Likes

Of course Australian coffee tastes so different as they use kangaroo dung as fertiliser. Also quiet rare as Australians have a long way to go to pick the coffee beans that grow by a billabong only.
That is actually how the Austrailian song “Waltzin Matilda” came about. From what I can discover she came across a clump of coffee bean trees and decided to try eating one of the beans, She was so happy she found them she Waltz all the way home.

:009: :009: :009: :009: :009: :009:

Well that is me now being banned from going to Australia for a holiday I guess, :upside_down_face: :rofl:

Good morning all,
Had a meeting in town first thing, all positive stuff :+1:
I felt inclined to go for a little window shopping afterwards…

I vigorously thrust my hand deep into the front pocket of my jeans to keep my wallet in place… well that’s my excuse…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Such a small chainwheel Chilli, no good for road work…(only joking, very nice bike)

2 Likes

Spot on Foxy :+1:
It freaked me out at first too, I’m after something that’s going to get me around on bridleways, woods and forest terrain. There will be some country roads involved too but speed isn’t a priority for me… it would seem those 7 inch chainwheels are the latest thing, I’m being won over :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think the coffee machines looks better than I the ones I see driving through Starbucks. Maybe its a worthwhile investment. It was interesting hear homemade coffee preference there.

1 Like

We have had strong winds and rough seas the past 3 days
Horrendous here !,

IMG_0897

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say home made is a preference but it is a common machine to find in kitchens these days. You have to remember that I am one who prefers instant!

I carry Starbuck instant coffee packs in my backpack. As I sit here, I went ahead and bought a brown sugar shaken expresso from Starbucks. Made a decision to go after something, so will need all the extra caffeine I can get till the 25th, maybe 24th. I think I’m going to aim to get 2 good nights of sleep before the exam.

Instant is great, but I truly enjoy ordering expensive coffee, sitting at a coffee shop with good company. That’s been a long time passing.

1 Like