Good Morning Tuesday 30th April 2024

Well, it is actually a good afternoon from me, just arrived in Temora in the central west of NSW, I have driven about 400km. Only staying one night before moving on to Hay tomorrow. it was wet and miserable when I left but it is quite nice here. Of course away from the coast the temperature will plummet tonight to single figures (continental climate and all that). When I stayed here a year ago it was $25 a night for powered site, now it is $35!

Nothing much to report just been driving.

Anyway enjoy your day, have a good one

5 Likes

Good morning all!
I’ve just had a Google about Hay over coffee Bruce. Not only does it look very interesting from a historical point of view but also rather picturesque. I bet you’ll enjoy exploring when you get there.
Nothing much going on here today, sun is shining again so I’ll be seriously able to get on top of the washing and get it dry outside.

Have a good day people :slightly_smiling_face::sun_with_face::+1:

2 Likes

:thinking: Hay On Wye .

Morning all :wink: xx

2 Likes

Ha Ha.The Hay plain has to be the most boring part of the drive between Sydney and Adelaide mile after mile of flat farmland but Hay is a nice little town that is true.

Being buzzed by a crop duster is about as exciting as it gets on the Hay Plain

1 Like

Morning all – cloudy start with a forecast for wind and rain later (of course!) Can someone please find the person doing a rain dance and get them to stop! :man_dancing:

Spent most of yesterday morning attempting to contact the surgery to arrange a blood test (something I need on a regular basis) without success. Means I will have to go into the surgery and go through all the details with the receptionist in front of everyone in the waiting room!

Once that is done I will be doing the laundry I didn’t get round to yesterday and ironing that which I did (yes I know I lead an exciting and glamorous life – please try not to be jealous!)

Take care - have a great day everyone

2 Likes

That’s a helluva drive Bruce, even by courier standards. I think I’d be struggling to drive that now, although I’d love to have the opportunity, especially where you are… :sunglasses:
I love been out on the open road and today I’m going to spend my time in the Yorkshire Wolds looking for some more pillars. Probably driving about 150 miles with tea and scones if I’m lucky.
Have a good day folks and catch you later…

2 Likes

Talk about big brother watching you. I took a bit longer walk just now stopping to talk to people as you do. Met the local postman and had a quick chat but he said he could not hang about as he is being monitored, via a bit of kit, as to where he was and why he had stiopped outside a particular house.
To me this is absolutaely disgusting behaviour by those who have never done a postal round and have not got a clue about delivering post. Time and motion gone crazy, so glad I pulled out of a similar enviornment with BT and had my own company. At least I or I should say “the boss” made the decisions to fit in with what we believed a decent working standard

3 Likes

Should managers be managers if they have not done the job they are supposed to be able to manage. There is only one way and that is to start on the ground floor and work the way up the ladder. Too many companies think that grabbing someone from university is correct when in actual fact they don’t have a clue

1 Like

Many years ago, when I first worked in a power station, It was decided to upskill the operating staff. They decided Uni graduates were the way to go. After about a year it was abandoned because while the graduates knew exactly how the machines operated, they’d forget to check the oil rings. They went back to using technically trained staff and kept the Engineers as just that.

1 Like