Good Morning Tuesday, 27th February 2024

Good Morning to all who follow on this tawdry, tumescent Tuesday.

What a strange coincidence! Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to fill my jerrycan which I did. Now jerrycans are not something that come up in everyday conversation but believe it or not I found one on my walk just this morning. It was in a skip outside a house where I know an old fella died recently (we were merely on nodding terms).

Have no idea if it is OK - the cap fixtures were rusted shut, had to prise it open aided by WD40 but worked it, spot of oil and it seems Ok now. I will fill it with water later to see if it leaks, if it is OK will paint it yellow (diesel) and use it. If it is no good? Oh well…

It is a grey old day so far, a bit of rain on my walk this morning, at the moment it is only about 24°C and probably not going to get that much warmer.

Hope your day is brighter.

Have you anything exciting planned?

2 Likes

That’s a pretty darn good pic of a jerrycan! its close to 69 deg F, 20.5 d C. Tomorrow is going to be a semi fun day. Working hybrid, but tomorrow the workplace is holding a safety training on “active assailant”. This will be the 2nd company which now offers safety training in this category. The last company had a FBI agent teaching the class. He was good. Run, Hide, Fight, not in that order. Its a new world we live in. Being in the U.S., planning to get up and go to work for a review on what to do.

Its a different world from which I grew up.

On a different note, politics, I’m assuming other countries have elections. Going to go out there an put a vote in this week sometimes :).

Have a really good day!

1 Like

what about the jerry pot, different thing innit

dry but frostie here in north west UK, will get my walkies before the rain comes laters

planning holidays in on my to do list

1 Like

Morning all - another cold if dry morning

Went next door to deal with the beastie - once again she has refused to go out so will go in again later to see if she has changed her mind

Didn’t get to the yoga class yesterday! My brother rang with an update he had received from Mum’s nursing home and we spent so long discussing it that by the time we had finished it was too late to go. Contacted the organiser, apologised and said I would be there next week.

Not much planned for today - I may attend to some paperwork which I have been putting off!

Take care - have a great day everyone

1 Like

Good Morning from Foxy’s World… :039:
Something strange happened with the weather this morning. Very cold as I set off for my walk, a mere 1 degree C and frost covered all the rooftops and lawns, and the choice of my warmest gloves was a good one. But within an hour after my return all the frost had gone, and a glance at the thermometer showed almost 6 degrees C. Mind you…The wind still feels very cold. No place for me outside today…
Sounds like a good project Bruce, and worth doing if it doesn’t leak. They were made out of proper steel in those days, not like the plastic rubbish we get now.

1 Like