Good morning Thursday 3rd Feb

Good morning everyone, mild again here and very light wind, so that’ll do for me thanks… :sunglasses:

Just back from walking the hounds and enjoying a brew before going over to see Mum for an hour and picking up some potting compost on the way back, but no other plans as yet although if it stays mild I may find a job in the garden after lunch.

Have a pleasant day folks :blush:

Good Morning Barry and all who follow.

Going out shopping with a friend - not sure where, but I am sure lunch will be involved as well.

Have a fun day.

Morning all.

Walked the dog, had breakfast, folded up the washing, and now have to wait indoors for the plumber, for the annual boiler service. He just said between 9-12. Pffft. Bet he comes at the last minute.

In the meantime, I suppose I could empty out the (very full) freezer to find the chicken drums that are right at the bottom! Hope he doesn’t call when I am half in half out, lol.

Haha, you can bet he will… :grinning:

Good morning everybody!

First year anniversary on the forum today :partying_face: Best decision I ever made, what a lovely bunch of people you all are! :hugs:

I shall celebrate by doing more housey things, because…times ticking on, and things need to get done. :roll_eyes:

Have a lovely day :wave:

2 Likes

Let’s make that happen, shall we? Put it to the test?

Morning all,

Happy OFF/OFC anniversary @PixieKnuckles, and to me, as I joined on this day last year too!

Some good news of my sister late last night! My nephew rang the hospital around 10.00pm to be told that she’d come round, was breathing on her own without the ventilator and had drunk some water. They’re monitoring brain function, but were pleased so far with the progress. And THEN, the hospital rang him back and passed the phone to his mum so they could talk briefly. She was very tired, but said she was glad to be there being so well cared for. So Dom went to bed happy, knowing he’d be able to sleep, as did I, after a few tears of sheer relief!

Phew, what a day that was. Still not out of the woods, but it’s all looking promising now.

Have a pleasant day everyone :blush:

4 Likes

Happy anniversary @Bathsheba :partying_face:

So happy to hear your good news about your sister! May the progress continue, and she gets home soon! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Pixie, yes I do hope so! Wondering if I can brave the journey from Plymouth to Essex to see her. Haven’t done it for years, and I don’t imagine the amount of traffic has reduced in that time :100:

1 Like

@Bathsheba thats good news about your sister. Gosh that will be some journey from Plymouth to Essex. I’m sure if you take it easy with plenty of breaks you can manage it :+1:(says he not having to do it :grinning:)
Been for haircut this morning. Strength has been drained so now having a quick blast on the X Box :partying_face:

2 Likes

Good Morning from Foxy’s world… :039:
It’s so good to have you both aboard @PixieKnuckles and @Bathsheba
you have both helped to make the forum an interesting place to visit each day…
I don’t know what we did without you…
:sunglasses:
It seems pretty mild outside and a good day for a jog. I’ve gone for the shorts today…
I’ll go and put in a few miles before lunch, soup on the menu today, with a couple of slices of hot buttered toast…
:drooling_face:
This aft going for an eye test to Boots, I haven’t been for over three years what with all this covid lark, but I haven’t had any trouble with my eyes and am still using the specs I had prescribed three years ago…They always suggest that you buy some new ones though don’t they…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

A miserable wet and dreary morning here .

Happy cake day! @PixieKnuckles

@Bathsheba Glad to hear you got some better news today.

It was windy again here yesterday. I’m hoping for a quiet day today.

1 Like

Good news @Bathsheba.

1 Like

Right now -18° with a promised high of -6°. Snowed most of the day yesterday. Today I have to get out and try and free my car, to run errands. Hope everyone is well. Good news @Bathsheba.goodmon2w-7

3 Likes

Bit chilly then :joy: Winterdrawers on :joy:

2 Likes

And then some! :cold_face: :cold_face:

2 Likes

Blimey Danny, is that weather usual for your neck of the woods?
Take care mate and stay warm…
:sunglasses:

This is quote a nice day. The highest on the coming days is 11° coldest is -16° this week. :grinning:

We are doing fairly well so far this winter Danny, minus temperatures have been rare, and just lately it has been well above the average. I’ve even had the shorts on most days for my morning jog/walk. Mind you…The record snow fall in the 1947 winter didn’t start until the end of February and continued until the end of April.

1 Like