Good Morning Thursday, 25th April 2024 - ANZAC Day

Good morning to all who follow here…

Went for my walk as usual this morning, it was very cool so I tried to walk briskly (for me).

Even the noxious, exotic weed Lantana is in full bloom

Today is ANZAC Day, a public holiday to remember those who lost their life in war. On the 25th of April 1915, Australian and New Zealand soldiers formed part of the futile allied expedition that set out to capture the Gallipoli peninsula.

ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

They shall grow not old,
as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
and in the morning
We will remember them.

Anyway enjoy your day…

Any plans?

6 Likes

good morn all . Something worth doing is worth doing well

1 Like

Great tribute Bruce.

Good day all

1 Like

Morning all – dull start to the day but we have sunshine now and even some blue sky!! However, rain is forecast for later (of course it is!) :cloud_with_rain:

Lovely photos Bruce - also good to see the tribute to fallen soldiers :australia:

Did some laundry yesterday between bouts of resting my painful foot – am also now halfway through my latest book purchase (no worries another is on its way, due to be delivered on Saturday!)

Neighbour continues with her campaign to make me fat – she called in yesterday afternoon with 6 cupcakes she made, a regular Wednesday afternoon event. I do wonder why she keeps baking as they are both on a diet (doesn’t mean I am not grateful – she is an excellent cook and the cakes are delicious!) :cupcake:

Due to have coffee with friends this morning but may have to miss it as my foot makes driving painful

Take care - hope everyone has a lovely day

1 Like

Celbrating Anzac day in New Zealand

1 Like

It’s a national holiday in Italy too, today, but for a different reason. The 25th April (Liberation Day) celebrates Italy’s liberation from Nazifascism on 25/4/1945.

1 Like

I rang my son early afternoon he was as pissed as a parrot after marching in the Darwin ANZAC Day parade, naturally he had been playing Two Up and losing - ANZAC Day is the only day it is legal.

1 Like

Bruce. Is it true what I found out about Anzac day? That is kangaroos can have a rest day and not be ridden for as long as a person can mount them? Wallabies aren’t so lucky

1 Like

Unlikely, you couldn’t find your arse with both hands

Inappropriate for such an occasion

1 Like