Good Morning Thursday 21st September 2023

Morning all!

After the flurry of activity on Tuesday, I decided to take a break. I had a lovely time. I watched a movie on Netflix and had a relaxing day.

The wind is blowing outside making the weather beautifully cool.

I haven’t decided yet what I want to do today. Another day like yesterday sounds enticing.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning Butterscotch and all

I have a free day today…yay!!

Not sure what to do but if there is a break in the rain I’ll take down some hanging baskets and introduce them to the compost heap…always sad doing that but bring on the winter pansies…

Have a good day everyone

1 Like

Morning all.

The weather was terrible last night, it poured down of rain and it was gale force wind.
Woke up this morning, no rain, no wind so gong into Town this morning.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Was so cold and windy last night I refused to take the dog out so put her in the garden. She did a wee, we went to bed, and a few hours later she wanted to go out again, but it was raining. A few more hours later she asked again, and this time it had stopped. No idea what she did out there but settled down to sleep, thankfully it has stopped raining now.

She has her groom appt at 11 but I will need to sprinkle round flea powder just before I leave (I will put her in the porch while I do that, and get the hoover out ready), then will shoot home to clear it up, before going back for her. I will be paying the groomer an extra £10, so she can spray the salon. My dog has never been so bad with the fleas. It is beginning to get me down.

1 Like

Hi good morning all

The rain has finally stopped , what a downpour…
I’m out lunch today I’ve a craving for something unhealthy pizza yum .

Jazzi I get a prescription from the vet for Mipet Easecto other brands are available. Never seen a flea. It’s prescription only

Good morning!
Nice & bright & clear & sunny

Nothing much planned, but as I seem to have been staying in for a few days recently, I think I’ll just have a drive around the local countryside, stopping now & again to admire the view or buy a sandwich

Good morning all ,
@Jazzi is Holly picking them up from her dog sitter? the one you take her too.

I shampooed Ellie last week with Flea and tick Shampoo, not that she had any but deters any that might want to jump on her …

The rain and wind as gone , the sun is out and ive put the washing out today .

Ive no plans today, yesterday I layed all the 3 bags of Bark down in between showers, also not sure I said , replaced the pane of glass i fell through in the green house thats now Perpex, I had help with that , .
One or two jobs that Im wanting done soon is replacing the driveway gates , and Id like to get the Kitchen tiled . Both will be well spent I guess , I just dont like parting with the money
.Have a good day everyone

Eliza, she hasn’t been for weeks now. It is obviously in my home so I am using what I can.

1 Like

My vet gave me a prescription last month and I found it to be useless. Not heard of the one you mention. I wonder if vets just offer the one brand, whatever they have in the surgery.

I’m pinning my hopes now on her Seresto flea collar, applying the flea powder before I take her this morning, and keeping her fur short.

I use “Stronghold” on my dog, it’s a liquid you drop on their neck. It works great and kills just about every parasite they’ll come into contact with. It also kills their eggs to prevent them coming back. It’s more expensive than the others on the market but I’d highly recommend it.

A day from hell yesterday…Slipped down on the wet tiles outside Sainsbury’s and was hit by a Mercedes while driving home. Car is a write off and I can hardly walk this morning. Going into the garage now to find a sturdy piece of rope…
:frowning_face:

1 Like

@OldGreyFox DONT DO IT the rope might snap and you could get a broken leg instead of Neck … Now you must have Insurance for Car and Injury , , Who was at fault for the slip at Sainsbury , was you in flip flops or good walking shoes , it will matter if you need to claim .
Put your feet up for rest of the week and tell MRS Fox to keep you refreshed with Tea/ Coffee/ or Booze .

1 Like

Blimming eck! Hope you feel better soon, and sorry about the car.

1 Like

Had to look that up. Seems to have good reviews. Her Seresto collar should last for 7-8 months. I removed it before her wash and groom today so the efficacy isn’t reduced.

So awful Mr Foxy. You haven’t had the best of luck lately…:frowning:

1 Like

No way :astonished: Sorry to hear this Foxy, get well soon brother, thoughts are with you bud.

1 Like

@OldGreyFox … Goodness Bob, that must have been a terrible shock for you. :worried: I hope your injuries weren’t too serious and you will feel better soon.
Thinking of you. x

1 Like

@OldGreyFox My sympathies. Hope you weren’t too badly hurt.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, apart from losing the motor and a disibillitating attack of gout, we haven’t been too bad. Plenty of offers of help from the neighbours and our daughter, so we can still eat…But just the time when I could do with being fit so I can get about and do stuff, it’s too painful to walk. Never mind, it could be worse…
:sunglasses: