Good Morning Thursday, 21st March 2024

Bin day already, last night I was poking about in a wardrobe and came across clothes and material I never use. The clothes can go to an Op shop as they have hardly been worn but the material (table cloths, bedsheets) will go to landfill together with some old clothes.

Had a good walk early this morning and called in at the mall on the way home for milk and fruit. Quite cool last night, had to get in the bed! Got down to 14° according to the radio.

Decided rather late to wash some clothes so the washing machine is sloshing away as I type. Afterwards I might clear some garden waste as it is green bin day too and there are some spiky plant parts I want to get rid of (I keep impaling myself when I go to the letterbox).

Ho hum… Hope your day is looking to be a bit more exciting than mine.

1 Like

good 3 hours till morning!

Bruce, you have the coolest days, thanks for doing this thread! “bin day” trash day right? I missed mine 2 days ago, I get another go tomorrow.

I think its cool you seem dedicated on the walks, I think about getting into a routine and not too successful yet. Will get there this week.

On a different note, one of my headlights on my 20 year old 2002 Toyota 4 runner gave out. I took it an O’Reilly Auto Parts. I am so happy stores like this still exist. If its not something too complex, they have been awesome in changing this out for me. It took the person 10 min. I would track probably 3 hours if lucky and if youtube has it.

Looking forward to a little more research and making a decision about this weekend.

Have a great evening a blessed 21st of March.

1 Like

Morning all - have mixed feelings today - it would have been my 54th wedding anniversary, unfortunately I lost my husband 13 years ago - still miss him every day

Had something of a surprise yesterday, due to a misunderstanding my gardener showed up unexpectedly, his wife was with him (who I know well) so he worked tidying the garden whilst we supervised had coffee and a good chat for 2 hours!!

Off to church this morning and then an afternoon meet up (and more coffee) with a group of friends followed by a trip around the supermarket.

Take care - have a lovely day everyone

2 Likes

I try to walk every day usually about 5km, in summer I go first thing in the morning to avoid the heat whereas in winter I usually wait until early/mid arvo for the warmest part of the day.

If it is raining? Forget it!

Yes. Only comes once a week but I have so little rubbish I didn’t always bother every week. I only have an 80 litre wheely bin

1 Like

Good Morning from the World of Mr Fox… :sunglasses:
Bin day here too Bruce, Blue bin for recyclables, cardboard, plastic bottles and tins, green box for glass, plenty of Mrs Fox’s red wine bottles this week, and green bin for garden waste…Managed to give the the lawns their first mowing this year…By gum it was long… :astonished:
Swollen foot is a lot better so I managed to do my 5 mile route. I felt guilty missing a couple of days. It went well and no rain, although the lane was a bit muddy in places.
Repairing the table leg today, the glue has let go of the fixture that holds the shiny metal leg to the composite table top. Mrs Fox keeps giving it a whack with the hoover so I’ll have to put something in the floor to locate it so it doesn’t move when it gets a nudge… :017:
Sorry to hear about your husband Sheila… :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks OGF - I try to remember all the good times and all the times we laughed (which was a lot)

3 Likes

Hi Sheila, very sweet post. I’m sorry for your loss. It warms my heart though to know relationships like this exist.

Coffee sounds really good, I missed the special at Starbucks today. I must remember to try again next week.