Good Morning Sunday, 7th April

I’m genuinely intrigued LF, it sounds as if there’s a story to tell…

Good morning, there was. More or less my ego. Kayaking was not easy as I thought, got left behind during a challenging moment. Company was sweet. Just moments in time…

2 Likes

Hi Chilliboot,

Hoping you can give me a guy’s perspective, so what does it mean when in rough waters, the guy takes off and leaves you paddling scared? Is there really truth in scouting out ahead? For most of the trip he would try and make sure I was okay. When rough waves hit, he paddled beyond site and actually sat for a bit before coming back out to check on me. Every person for themselves doesnt exactly fit since he came back, but it sure would been nice to not been alone out in water like that too.

Curious for different insights.

If one person can out paddle the other, i wonder if its a good indication maybe not to be paddling with each other going forward. I’m just as good hiking :slight_smile: with me, myself and I :smiley:

Good morning Looking Forward,
Well, first and foremost I must stress that I know absolutely nothing about kayaking! Having said that it seems very wrong for you to be left alone to your own devices, especially if you don’t have the experience. I certainly wouldn’t do that to someone I was with if I were outdoors cycling, hiking or even kayaking.

You obviously were uncomfortable with the situation from what you say in your post… hopefully it hasn’t put you off! In short as a bloke I say it was a no no to have left you… you did ask🙂

Thanks Chilliboot, that was the main, of course with any story there more underneath the surface. haha, no more kayaking for awhile or by choice by myself next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes