Good Morning Sunday 5th May 2024

Good morning campers…

Another sunny day in paradise.

I am in a place called Penong which is only famous for its windmills but if you blinked you’d miss it. Fuel will get pricey for the next couple of days

What you folks up to on this lovely Sunday morning?

3 Likes

how can you tell is a motorcyclist is happy? easily just look for flies stuck in the teeth :rofl:

Good morn all , now back to bed

3 Likes

Good morning Bruce, it seems to be a sunny day here, bright blue sky, but it’s still not warming up yet. It’s only 7.30am though, so if the sun stays around, hopefully temperatures in 20s later on. After breakfast, probably go for a walk and then back to do more weeding and yard cleaning.
You’re probably about nine hours ahead, if I’m not mistaken, is it your teatime? :teapot:

2 Likes

I’d recommend a full-face helmet😀.

2 Likes

Morning all – another dry sunny start to the day – although rain is forecast for later

The neighbours’ campaign to make me a fat alcoholic continues as they left a bottle of wine and a basketful of goodies for me! :cupcake: :wine_glass:

The beast punished me for daring to “persuade” her to leave the house yesterday by leaving a gift next to the litter tray and also throwing up next to the sideboard! This morning she made me stand at the open door for several minutes before she decided to carry out her garden patrol. :icon_evil:

I spent far too long yesterday reading my new book – I am already half way through. There are only two left in the series (so far) which I will order today and then may have to find another writer!

Today is a day of rest (well actually most of my days are like that) so nothing much planned :couch_and_lamp:

Take care – have a great day

3 Likes

Morning all. Absolutely gorgeous here - mild at 16C just now, but expect it to warm up a bit later on.
A chilled day today i think, as i’ve worked my socks off the last few days, and i’ve earned a rest!
Have a brilliant day wherever you are, and whatever the weather.

Take care everyone.

3 Likes

Good Morning from Foxy’s World… :man_running:
Amazing weather today, some low cloud but very mild and still. Perfect flying conditions for the drone… :helicopter:
Set off early and decided to do a bit extra so it turned out to be a seven miler instead of five…
Going was nice and dry and managed to add quite a bit of jogging although just meandering down the lane felt much more relaxing. If it stays like this tomorrow I’ll get out the bike and do a few miles on that. Better get the tyres pumped up… :man_biking:
Miami F1 to watch later, and maybe do a bit on the project, or perhaps a nap on the sofa after dinner and a glass of the red stuff…One glass and I’m anybody’s… :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Good morning all :slight_smile: Have a great day :sunny: :sunny: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Rubbish for the garden…

1 Like

Good afternoon all!
Blimey! We’ve actually had some sunshine and the temperature is slowly but surely creeping up :tada:
We decided to get out in the woods just for a little while and heat something up.

Demonstrating to Chilli jnr how to get hopelessly lost in the woods…

A little something before Sunday lunch…

Actually there was a bit of a purpose behind this, we’ve been wanting to try out our new hiking/camping pan which performed admirably, if such a thing can be said of a pan.

Yep, get those tyres pumped up Foxy, I need to do likewise :+1: Enjoy your glass of red, I darent ask what occurs should you have two glasses :open_mouth::wink:

Enjoy your day people :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Hello all
Today I’ve been on a mission to lash back my Cheese Plant (Monstera) after it deliberately slapped a neighbour in the face as they walked through my French doors ,
Shades of The little shop of horrors .
In two years it’s turned into a monster.

Mission accomplished .

Weather forecast grey and cold .
Enjoy your day xxx

5 Likes

I had my glass of red with my dinner and decided the only two good things to come out of France are Citroen and this…

I thought these pylons lined up looked interesting on my walk this morning…

5 Likes

Wise advice @Rose2.

Yesterday I had a site next to a young girl (20 something I would guess) from Melbourne on a 250cc motorbike travelling by herself round Australia. We had a long chat, she has her head screwed on but I was able to recommend a couple of things to do that she wasn’t aware of.

Lovely girl

2 Likes

drinking-inna

just do not ever go for a ‘‘Renault’’ the devil’s products…

2 Likes

I couldn’t access the New York Times link without selling my soul (and my details) Dianne, but you feathered my appetite to delve deeper into the Louis Renault affair and I came up with this…

I think me and him would have got along nicely and I think he was badly done to by the French. Probably because he was disliked and arrogant.
Quote:-
In 1956, Time magazine described Renault as “rich, powerful and famous, cantankerous, brilliant, often brutal, the little Napoleon of an automaking empire — vulgar, loud, domineering, impatient, he was a terror to associates, a friend to practically none,” adding that to the French working man, Renault became known as “the ogre of Billancourt.”[2]

He got the Renault Business set up and paid by collobrating with the Nazi’s he feathered his own nest at the expanse of many French People Lives…Yes there is some doubters and the other big companies did similar but they never got nationalised like Renault did…so got away with it so to speak…Many will disagree and say he just wanted to save his business…so therefore would tell the opposite story…the link does show some doubts…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/nov98/nazicars30.htm

1 Like

I think I’ll keep an open mind about Louis and still like the look of the Renault Capture, but like most modern cars (including mine) too many bells and whistles and I think car manufacture has completely lost it’s way.