Good Morning Sunday, 3rd March 2024

Good morning to you all on this sultry, sunny Sunday.

Usual walk then a quick visit to the supermarket on the way home for eggs, milk etc. I like getting there early in the morning because fewer people around.

Saw some interesting planes flying into Shellharbour airport for today’s airshow, including a very strange delta wing thing and a couple of fighters.

I have been chatting to my brother on Whatsapp this morning, it’s absurd really because I could ring him for the same cost though I don’t know what he is doing up as it is after midnight in the UK.

Not much planned for today but have a busy week coming up with doctor, dentist and car service all booked in before driving to Canberra to dog sit for my daughter while they go away on an ACT long weekend for some racing in Victoria.

Anyway enjoy your Sunday, hope you have more exciting plans than me.

Good morning!

That sounds a good Sunday Bruce. Now wondering what kind of dog does your daughter have? I’ve been tinkering with the idea of going to the pound and adopting a dog, however for 2 days a week I would be at the office for over 10 hours.

Wondering if anyone has tried TEAMS before? Last week, I got on TEAMS with a coworker in Vietnam, Bruce’s post has me wondering what the cost is on TEAMS for the company. That was the shortest TEAMS call ever, but did not realize I could do that internationally.

Tomorrow for me will depend on what i get done the next 2 hours. Thinking of taking a drive to see a friend but not sure if 5 hours is a bit much round trip. I’ll be making a similar trip Friday to pick up my daughter for her SpringBreak.

Happy Sunday all! here’s to excel and my next two hours looking at workbooks.

2 Likes

Morning all,

Actually Bruce I’m much looking forward to a not very exciting Sunday :slightly_smiling_face:
Of to the gym for a legs work out and then some mellow, laid back pottering, cooking with my son and perhaps indulging in a glass or three of red :wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

I’ll go for a couple of white knuckle ride adrenaline rushes during the week…I should be so lucky! :wink:

Enjoy your day forum people! :+1:

2 Likes

good morning, Mrs M does the adrenaline rushes, shes out for the day climbing a few mountains with a few friends, i’ll do a drive out to the coast and do a prom walkies, stop off at the cafe for latte and biccies.
recline the car seat and do a zzuzz. Some days i don’t have the biccies

2 Likes

Zuki is labrador, a great big sloppy thing. I will drive down to Canberra to look after it next Friday.

My middle son has a Shorthaired German Pointer which I look after occasionally but not often as his wife doesn’t work, this dog needs a lot of exercise.

My youngest son has a small malecross breed which I will have for three weeks in May while he is at sea. It is probably less than a third of the size of either of the two females but is very bossy when they are all together

The black dog is the cleverest and the most trainable while the small cross male is as thick as two short planks but absolutely adorable, a real lapdog, it is also the eldest at 4 or 5 yo. The Labrador is also very trainable, it has to be really because it is very heavy and strong and could pull me over if she set her mind to it.

I haven’t had a dog since my last Border Collie died a couple of decades ago so I quite enjoy looking after these for short periods.

2 Likes

Morning all - sunshine if cold this morning

Lovely photos Bruce - I am not a dog person having been attacked by a dog when I was a child but they all look lovely

Cat servant duties carried out - she left me a little “gift” which needed to be cleared up, not surprised as she didn’t go out at all yesterday. I wouldn’t mind but she left it under the dining room table rather than in the litter box!

I had intended going to church this morning but not feeling very well, sore throat and sneezing. Instead I shall stay indoors and watch the birds who seem to be enjoying the sunshine

Well, some of you put me to shame with your energy and exercise - my idea of exercise is lifting my coffee cup!

Take care - have a lovely day everyone

2 Likes

Those are super cool pictures! Now if I can get dog sitting for 2 days a week…i might go get a dog!

Thanks for sharing the dog pics!