Good Morning Sunday 31st March 2024

Good morning friendly forum folks, it is a beautiful day here and I hope where you are too.

Hard to credit that tomorrow is April and the fourth month of 2024, where does time go? On the bright side this infernal daylight saving ends a week today, thank you Jesus.

Went for my usual morning walk, Anyone lost a car?

Absolutely nothing planned for today other than to eat my Easter Chocolate Bunny and get ready for a few days away after Easter.

Enjoy yourselves…

5 Likes

Good evening / morning,

Today the 30th here was a quiet day. A little bit of work, a little driving, and decided to get takeout for dinner. I always view Friday and Saturday’s as rest days, with Sunday to start a new. Tomorrow will be special to new beginnings.

Tagging off of Bruce’s post, I need to buy a new car soon. Anyone have insights between Subaru, or Hondas? I wonder what happened to the one you saw.

The 2nd picture is beautiful. I like the mountain background. To that I’d like to offer a contrast from Big Bend National Park, Texas.

The 2nd is a small sliver of the Rio Grande. I would say we’re looking at Mexico on the other side:

Happy Easter everyone! and here’s to a good week!

6 Likes

good morning, and its summertime already, nice day to be in the garden again

2 Likes

Good morning people!

The sun was streaming in through the windows first thing this morning but true to the forecast it’s starting to cloud over.

We have a couple of old salvaged chairs that are crying out to be restored. The plan is to thouraghly clean them up, sand them down and paint them in white emulsion.
Now the tricky bit…I intend to finish them in a Wedgewood green, not a solid coat of paint but a kind of a wash/distressed look.

Plenty of Easter goodies in the kitchen, half a leg of lamb for dinner tonight and we have some fresh rosemary at hand :drooling_face:

There’s a DVD on it’s way from Amazon…a little mirth and merriment to round off the day with a glass of something :wine_glass:

s-l960

Happy Easter forum people!

5 Likes

8.30 pm Sunday evening here. Another gorgeous late summer day.

yard|548x600

Daylight saving ends next week.

3 Likes

Morning all - some sun but also cloud today, hoping the rain stays away.

Clocks went forward last night - feel a little disorientated (no I didn’t overdo the wine last night!). Main job today is to alter all the clocks and timers around the house. I have a few which change automatically but also quite a few of the “old fashioned” type which have to be changed manually. I always manage to forget one! I have no idea how we managed to accumulate so many clocks! :icon_confused:

Take care - have a lovely day everyone and Happy Easter

5 Likes

Good morning :slight_smile:

Happy Easter everyone! :tulip: :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Just Sunday! And a nice stroll.

2 Likes

This guy really knows his stuff.

3 Likes

Good Afternoon From Foxy’s World… :biking_man:
Had a few of those burned out cars round here Bruce and they make such a mess of the tarmac, especially for bikers.
Some great pictures on the good morning thread today, thanks to everyone who posted, and a Happy Easter to one and all…
Those chairs look distressed already Chilli… :smile:
Nice clear skies first thing this morning with very little wind, so with the sun on my legs and the wind in my face I set off for a Sunday 15 miles…Turns out it was very misty and cold out in the country, and even with my thickest gloves on my hands were still freezing. After doing the clocks last night I didn’t realise that it would be an hour earlier, and with the sun only just up, it was colder than usual.
Had a nice day in Cleethorpes yesterday, but being on the mouth of the Humber, tide was miles out, so not much sea to look at just several big ships anchored in the estuary waiting for either the tide or the pilot to deliver their cargo to either Hull or Grimsby. We passed hundreds of cars waiting for distribution in Grimsby, they used to be Citroen or Peugeot, but now they all seem to be Volvo.
Liver and onions with mash and three lots of veg for dinner at the garden centre, followed by a long long walk along the coast to Humberston.
A bit tired after this mornings ride, not used to hard riding yet this year. The bike computer didn’t even need the clock adjusting because it was still set at British Summertime from last year…That’s how long it’s been since the last time I rode…

2 Likes