Good Morning Sunday, 28th April 2024

Good morning to you all, another lovely day beckoning.

Went for my walk early then finished loading the car and checking tyre pressures, now I have a couple of days to relax before I leave.

Still not sure of my stopping points - it looks like it will be decided on the day.

Lawn mowing seems an option for the arvo.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.and having a relaxing Sunday.

1 Like

Ok I have got to say it. I think there are too many stupid word games and makes me wonder why? at our age group surely there are things of interest ,considering all of us have a lifetimes experience to talk about.

for example I hates school and left at the age of 15 to get a job. What a joke that was. First place to to ask at the local youth employement office run by the government or local council. What did they have to offer??? the Army- Navy orAir force. I didn’t want that I wanted out of being regimented which is why I left school in the first place.
Now believe it or not their solution was, and I remember it so well, I should find a job myself and they would check it out. i still can’t get over thinking about how useless that place was, youth emplolyment??? what a joke.
so I did get a job as an apprentice electrician in the end, but could not withstand working outside in the freezing cold . What finished me off was in a well know persons farm working on wiring up a huge dutch barn and threading conduit and bending it standing in the snow that was comming down. Back then one had to do the same hours as the rest not having transport of ones own, so it was a 60 hour 5 day week was the norm except for 1 day release a week for tech college. Needless to say I stuck it out for a few years then left, remember Ii was only a young teenager at the time
What did I earn for those 60 hours? the pay was ÂŁ5 -15 shillings half of which was made up for out of area living expenses

1 Like

Good morning all!
No lovely day beckoning here Bruce, at least not weatherwise, it’s tipping it down. I shall just have to think of another way to make Sunday lovely! :thinking:
I bet you’re excited about your trip, I’m sure I would be, it looks very intriguing.
Oh well, I’m off to make coffee number 2 and get my thinking cap on.

Enjoy your day forum people :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Good morning realspeed,
Broadly speaking there’s something on this forum for everyone, plenty of scope to discuss and create topics on a huge variety of subjects under the appropriate headings. No one is forced to contribute to any particular topic, games or otherwise, variety is the spice of life.
Enjoy your day :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Morning all – do I need to tell you it is raining (again) with rain forecast for most of the day! :cloud_with_rain:

That is one well packed car Bruce! As for mowing the lawn – I follow the philosophy of GAMI (get a man in!)

Realspeed – yes there are a lot of games and although I don’t get involved in them they are obviously very popular. Why not start a discussion thread yourself, I am sure there are others who would like a good discussion (providing all opinions are respected).

Sister-in-law has just texted me from Spain – to tell me it is hot and sunny there! Yes, I know, no need to rub it in! :angry:

Not much planned for today – neighbour is off on a short cruise next week and I have promised to look out some evening dresses for her to borrow (I used to arrange charity events and still have several). :dress: Not sure if they will fit her though I am, shall we say, a bit wider than her!

Take care – have a lovely relaxing day everyone

2 Likes

You can totally ignore games by muting them in your profile. I never look at the games myself but that is not to say others shouldn’t enjoy them. You can mute them in the “Tracking” part of your profile this is mine

Easy as. I never even see them but I certainly don’t begrudge them for those that do.

You probably should have put your post in the forum feedback section. This is more of a light hearted daily thread to tell us about your plans for the day and photos of your day are encouraged

2 Likes

Good morning all :slight_smile: Have a relaxing Sunday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for that Bruce - I learn something new every day!

Clarity of thought

I find that I think the clearist is when I just wake up and the issues of the day have not sunk in yet.
So this moring my mind turned to ladies underwear garments . Back in the 1800’s and even before that the trend was women wore pantaloons that were tied around and just above the knee . It didn’t really matter because they wore dresses where the hem was at ankle lenght.

Then along came a new trend modern women and the dress hem was either above or below the knee ,so Pantaloons were out and knickers came in with short leg lenght. One retailer actually helped those ladies who could not work out which way to put them on so inside they put a label mrking C and A.

The trend continued when mini skirts were the fashion and the hem was around the high water mark.So good bye to knickers and hello to the G string.

As they are wear less and less, So thinking ahead and quick of the mark I have decided to get some shares in the next trend first. I won’t say what I think it may be as it may be seen as being rude