Good morning Sunday 21 November 2021

@Bathsheba
Sorry to hear about your granddaughter having the virus, Bathsheba …. I hope you have managed to stay clear of it. What a worrying time for you all.

1 Like

Afternoon all been to work this morning and home at 11 work washing on the line and blowing well bit of “brunch” scrambled eggs on toast hate that word but but it describes well, walked the dog and now home.

@Bathsheba . That’s a shame lots going about hope all goes well
@Meg You are going to have to get yourself a portable tent for winter, sitting in the garden
@Baz46 Hope your day is going well
@Bruce That’s almost mid summer weather to me bit like when I went to Tunisia in January one year and I and all other holiday maker in t-shirts shorts etc all Tunisians in parka and balaclavas
@Jazzi Any more thought on Malta with you sister next year?
@Meg My cousin is having very similar nights to you with his heart he is having more bad than good.

To every one else have a great day

2 Likes

Thanks @summer, @Meg, @Jazzi, @Mups and @Mags. I’ve just been round with a few things they needed - and a new outfit I’d made for my GD. She really didn’t look well, bless her, but she was happy and chatting away at the window to me while I stood well back with a mask on! I just hope my daughter manages not to catch it too, but I guess there’s not much hope of avoiding it really. She feels so bad because she’s only been back at work a week, after having a week off following surgery, and now she’ll have to have another week off with her little one.

@Meg, so your family is going through it too. It’s hard to find anyone now whose family hasn’t been touched by Covid! I don’t blame you sitting outside with a blanket, you just can’t be too careful.

ETA: thanks @Kazz as well - you must have been typing your post at the same time as me!

2 Likes

I hope you yourself are feeling well, Kazz. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Kazz no holiday plans just yet. I am wary of all the fuss going into an overseas holiday. Tests, forms, prices rocketing. I can’t plan anything with my sister as she won’t know till the last minute if she goes on the transplant list, and receives ‘the call’.

When overseas travel is made easier, I might think of something, and of course it all depends on the availability of Holly’s carer.

A lovely sunny but very cold day today.

1 Like

@Jazzi Have you considered a break in this Country?

@Percy_Vere Exactly same here lovely day

It’s just a matter of what you are used to really. It would only get down to 12’ here in the middle of winter and well after mid night.

This time of the year (late spring) you would expect temperatures in the mid to high 20s but this year I think we have had only a couple of days like that. Anything below 20’ is cold for me.

This is my daughter camping with me in mid winter (June 2021) when it was about 17’ - and she lives in Canberra! :slight_smile:

Yes Kazz, I hope to make more plans next year. I have to factor in dog care, of course, and the guy has increased both his day and overnight care prices, but yes, I will certainly try. There are plenty of places I would either like to revisit, or try for the first time.

I would still like to get a train down to central London and be a tourist. Go to the West End, see a show maybe. Look at all the tall buildings that have sprung up in my absence. I used to go there all the time, pre Holly, using my free travel card.