Good morning Sunday 21 November 2021

Bathsheba, that is bad news for your Family. I hope you stay free of it.
3e08813b2d5313204306d186b40a4a56

Good morning to everyone here.

We went to the Coypool car boot this morning, first one for ages, I did have my mask on but only a handful of people were actually wearing one.
No distancing at all. Load of rubbish for sale too, all I bought were plants for my window box. We did see someone we knew selling & had a short chat. Didn’t stay long, I now hate that people get too close to me.

Thanks Tiff. And yes, I know just what you mean about people getting too close. We live such a very different sort of life these days, don’t we?

1 Like

Morning everyone

Hope you are ok Bathsheba…what a worry

Had a lovely day yesterday…everyone turned up as my son felt better and they did Covid tests and were clear so I had a full house it was great fun.

Nothing planned for today but have pals ringing later so we might end up going out but I want to be home for the Adele interview and I’m a Celebrity so might just stay home…

Have a good day everyone

1 Like

Good morning everyone :grinning: a lovely winter day and in spite of having a misbehaving heart all night leaving me exhausted I am making the best of it.

Hair washed ,sheets out on the line I am just about to check it the bread dough is ready to roll into balls then to prepare lunch .

Enjoy your day …

@Bathsheba
Isn’t it a pain Bathsheba , I hope your grandaughter isn’t too bad.
I have another lot of family members with C19 and had to wait yesterday to see if the results of a PCR test for my son and DIL who had been in contact with some of them meant plans could go ahead yesterday. My DIL was going to meet Uni friends in London that she hasn’t seen since C19 arrived, my son was looking after the 5 children for 2 days and I was taking up some baking. They both tested negative so all went ahead . I still sat outside the door with a blanket I am not taking any risks.

1 Like

And snoring as well

Todays riddle

What do I have but everyone else uses?

Bathsheba, sorry to hear about your GD testing positive. Hope she is ok soon.

1 Like

I’ll echo Jazzi’s comment if I may, Sheba.
Hope everything works out for you all.
Keep safe.

(Good morning all). :wave:

1 Like

@Mups you may indeed.

@Bathsheba
Sorry to hear about your granddaughter having the virus, Bathsheba …. I hope you have managed to stay clear of it. What a worrying time for you all.

1 Like

Afternoon all been to work this morning and home at 11 work washing on the line and blowing well bit of “brunch” scrambled eggs on toast hate that word but but it describes well, walked the dog and now home.

@Bathsheba . That’s a shame lots going about hope all goes well
@Meg You are going to have to get yourself a portable tent for winter, sitting in the garden
@Baz46 Hope your day is going well
@Bruce That’s almost mid summer weather to me bit like when I went to Tunisia in January one year and I and all other holiday maker in t-shirts shorts etc all Tunisians in parka and balaclavas
@Jazzi Any more thought on Malta with you sister next year?
@Meg My cousin is having very similar nights to you with his heart he is having more bad than good.

To every one else have a great day

2 Likes

Thanks @summer, @Meg, @Jazzi, @Mups and @Mags. I’ve just been round with a few things they needed - and a new outfit I’d made for my GD. She really didn’t look well, bless her, but she was happy and chatting away at the window to me while I stood well back with a mask on! I just hope my daughter manages not to catch it too, but I guess there’s not much hope of avoiding it really. She feels so bad because she’s only been back at work a week, after having a week off following surgery, and now she’ll have to have another week off with her little one.

@Meg, so your family is going through it too. It’s hard to find anyone now whose family hasn’t been touched by Covid! I don’t blame you sitting outside with a blanket, you just can’t be too careful.

ETA: thanks @Kazz as well - you must have been typing your post at the same time as me!

2 Likes

I hope you yourself are feeling well, Kazz. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Kazz no holiday plans just yet. I am wary of all the fuss going into an overseas holiday. Tests, forms, prices rocketing. I can’t plan anything with my sister as she won’t know till the last minute if she goes on the transplant list, and receives ‘the call’.

When overseas travel is made easier, I might think of something, and of course it all depends on the availability of Holly’s carer.

A lovely sunny but very cold day today.

1 Like

@Jazzi Have you considered a break in this Country?

@Percy_Vere Exactly same here lovely day

It’s just a matter of what you are used to really. It would only get down to 12’ here in the middle of winter and well after mid night.

This time of the year (late spring) you would expect temperatures in the mid to high 20s but this year I think we have had only a couple of days like that. Anything below 20’ is cold for me.

This is my daughter camping with me in mid winter (June 2021) when it was about 17’ - and she lives in Canberra! :slight_smile:

Yes Kazz, I hope to make more plans next year. I have to factor in dog care, of course, and the guy has increased both his day and overnight care prices, but yes, I will certainly try. There are plenty of places I would either like to revisit, or try for the first time.

I would still like to get a train down to central London and be a tourist. Go to the West End, see a show maybe. Look at all the tall buildings that have sprung up in my absence. I used to go there all the time, pre Holly, using my free travel card.