Good Morning Sunday 14th April 2024

Good morning Sunday mates, still warm for Autumn 25° today.

Just to show the nature of my walks this is a road I also walk along sometimes - its a dual carriageway built to for Wollongong’s expansion over the next 30 years, at the moment it is hardly used but it has a lovely cycleway/walking track.

It even has a set of traffic lights near this magnificent Moreton Bay Fig tree (that’s what your so called “Rubber” plant will grow into if you let it out of its pot.) :smile:

Anyway, I still have my lawn to mow and I have been searching high and low for my spare sat nav, I have put it somewhere safe but have no idea where.

I have to take my car in to fix a gasket on the turbo tomorrow

Anyway have a great day whatever you are up to…

9 Likes

You like your walks, Bruce. This is ours:

4 Likes

Morning all - sunny this morning but colder (20c yesterday 13c today!)

Lovely photos Bruce. A bit ironic that you can’t find your sat. nav. :grinning:

Yesterday was much less productive than Friday!

Had a text from the pharmacy to say my repeat prescription was ready to be collected. After queuing for 15 minutes I finally reached the counter to be told they couldn’t find the medication!! Assistant spoke with the pharmacist, who said they would contact the surgery and ask them to issue a new prescription – but the chances are they would refuse! She said if that happened she would issue the medication without a prescription, something they are not supposed to do. Fortunately I have about a weeks supply left, but I seem to be more concerned as to what happened to the original medication than they are!

Walked to the local shopping centre but unable to find a raincoat I liked, looks like I will have to make the journey into town.

A neighbours alarm went off around 6.30pm, (not the ones who are away). Strange I was the only person who went to check it out! Fortunately it stopped after 20 minutes (but not before it had given me a headache!!!)

Daily Beastie report. Despite her being out all day yesterday she felt the need to leave me a little gift this morning - again playing “hide the poop”. I suppose she should be given some credit for leaving it on the cloakroom floor (shame she can’t reach the WC!).

Looking forward to having a better day today (think I will just stay home and consider whether to abandon civilisation and go live on an island somewhere!)

Take care - hope everyone has a great day

5 Likes

Good morning all :slight_smile: Enjoy your Sunday :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thumbs Up Approve Smiley

Yes I do, I gave my bikes away so walking is my only exercise, I do enjoy it first thing in the morning though in winter I tend to go in the arvo when the day has warmed up.

I know, quite absurd but I think I am going to have to start writing my “safe places” down, this is not the first thing I have lost.

1 Like

Been there, done that. Almost blew it totally few years ago.

2 Likes

Good Morning from Foxy’s World… :clock1130:
Nice sunny morning but a bit chilly, and it took me far longer to do my walk than I would have liked…A neighbour and friend accompanied me this morning, he doesn’t jog, so we walked around the five mile route that he had never done before. It can be hard to find the route because there are a few ginnels and paths through woods that even locals didn’t know of their existence. Problem is, I go dressed in shorts and intend to do some jogging to keep warm, so walking just doesn’t generate enough heat and I was quite cold by the end. Because he likes a natter it was very slow and took us an hour longer than usual, even if I don’t jog…I enjoyed getting to know him better and enjoyed the conversation, but I can’t see it being a regular thing… :009: Am I too anti social?

3 Likes

Nope, you’re considerate Foxy…it’s one of those situations that require tact while sticking to your own agenda, at least that would be my way of thinking :thinking:

3 Likes

Good afternoon from West Sussex… it’s not raining :champagne::partying_face:
A laid back day as Sundays should be, a little indoor gardening going on and shortly out to some local woodland with my son, he’s after some fallen branches for a project to contribute to his art and design course at college :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m making a horrible mess but that’s one of the pleasures of being a single bloke…no nagging :wink::+1:

4 Likes

Good afternoon everyone bit late posting in this thread today.
Beautiful day here again like yesterday, but slightly cooler. Decided to have a day off from gardening, as my muscles are complaining a bit, so just about to set off on one of my long walks

Loving these lighter evenings - you can cram so much more into a day!

Take it easy peope.

5 Likes

Just got back from a stroll in the woods with my son, finally spring has arrived :slightly_smiling_face:

We spotted some good stuff…

And the not so good!

Enjoy the rest of your day people :+1:

4 Likes

Good afternoon everyone, another very warm, sunny day down here. Summer temperatures - around 30C - but cooler weather is forecast next week, obviously (sadly) we can’t expect this unusually hot weather to last, way too early!

3 Likes