Good Morning Sunday 14/08/2022

Hi

I have been moved to a dump of a room with agency staff.

The Hospital Trust has declared a Critical Incident due to COVID. Patients were not told, it was on the news.

Such is life.

The highlight of the day will be hospital Sunday Lunch.:sob:

I will be veggie for the day

Have a good day all

1 Like

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone

Hot as Hades here already - I am hibernating!

Morning all.

Another bad night for me, with poor sleep. It was so hot and stuffy in the bedroom. I only have the top small window open usually but had to have the sideways one open too. And now on my bedroom stool by the window with my cuppa, shutters closed against the sun that would otherwise burn. Never satisfied, are we?

Will drink the tea and get dog out very soon. Think I might then go back to bed. Feel so tired and have a mountain of washing up to do.

Good morning all, another hot sunny humid day.

Same here Janet, too hot in bed.

Swimmers, why are you back in Hospital?

Not going out today.

Have a nice day all.

Hi

A very nasty type of food poisoning which can keep coming back.

I have.had it 3 times, 1st 10 days in ITU, a break, then again, 6days on the ward, then discharged and now back in again.

The second time it caused Acute Kidney Injury, level 2 so more complications.

I have been ill and infectious for 6weeks now and was admitted this time as it was causing dehydration and shutting my organs down.

Welcome to the NHS in a Trust in Special Measures.

I have yet to see a doctor on this new ward and some medicine has not yet been written up.

Very few nurses today so not holding my breath

Good Morning!

Hot & sunny again

I had a minor sniffle or touch of hay fever yesterday, but I’m better this morning
I’ve just done the washing up and a few other bits of tidying that i couldn’t be bothered to do yesterday
Now I’ll have a shower and be ready to face the world

I have hobbies, but it’s a shame to be indoors in this weather so I’ll probably have a stroll round the park, but may well extend that to call in at the Working Men’s Club (there is only one pub in this area, and I don’t think much of it)

Morning all!

A modest 33 degrees down here today.
Just staying indoors doing typical laid back Sunday stuff.
We have some bananas that are ripening at an alarming rate due to the heat, they’ll be turned into muffins this afternoon… a day for sipping on some ice cold cider.

Enjoy

Sorry to hear that Swimmers, keep well and fit as much as you can.
Thinking of you. Susie xx

| swimfeeders
14 August |

• | - |

Hi

A very nasty type of food poisoning which can keep coming back.

I have.had it 3 times, 1st 10 days in ITU, a break, then again, 6days on the ward, then discharged and now back in again.

The second time it caused Acute Kidney Injury, level 2 so more complications.

I have been ill and infectious for 6weeks now and was admitted this time as it was causing dehydration and shutting my organs down.

Welcome to the NHS in a Trust in Special Measures.

I have yet to see a doctor on this new ward and some medicine has not yet been written up.

Very few nurses today so not holding my breath

Certain strains of this have now become antiobiotic resistant, which would make things more difficult to cure.
Have you any idea where you contracted this from in the first place?

Good morning all.
Like others have said, it was an awful hot and uncomfortable night last night. If only it would cool at night and give us chance to recover, it would help, but this has been so relentless. I hope and pray this summer is only a one-off, and not the shape of things to come.

Try and enjoy your day folks cos we haven’t got much choice! :slightly_smiling_face:

Mr S Sorry to hear you’re back in hospital…hope it’s just a blip in your recovery.

Morning all …Today it’s a no cooking day hooray …I’m out for lunch .
I’ve already eaten an ice cream :wink:

1 Like

Good morning everyone

Another glorious day…I will be in the garden in the shade with a good book and an aperol spritz…its like being on holiday :slight_smile:

Swimmy I’m so sorry you are having such a time of it…I hope things improve for you today…I mentioned I also have CKD do you know what your GFR number is? Just wondered if not its worth asking…if its stage two as you mentioned its not too bad lots of people are stage two and don’t know it…so stay positive.I know its all your other conditions that make your diagnosis concerning but stay positive …I know you always do :slight_smile:

Have a good day everyone

I know Swimmers, you just want another bed bath by some good looking Ladies.

Hi

I have AKI, not CKD.

It remains to be seen if it can be reversed and if so, by how much.

I am still awaiting the results of the first blood tests.

I know it’s difficult to comprehend the state of the NHS here.

I did not get my morning medication until 12.30 this lunchtime and even then they did not have all of it.
The side rooms had not been included in handover by the nurse in charge.

Hi everybody.

Just had a walk round the reservoir & called at the pub.

Phew - that’s enough for one day.

I feel absolutely shattered with this heat. I hate it…

Sorry you’re in hospital again swimmy. I hope they can get you sorted…

Today has been an extended morning after the night before.

Morning all!

Was a tough day yesterday trying to deal with a neighbor issue. It’s not going well. Not enough sleep last night.

Hope to have some peace today to catch up on some sleep, but it doesn’t look too likely.

Have a cool day everyone.

1 Like