Good morning Sunday 07/08/2022

IMG_0177

Good morning all, brilliant sun shine here.
Not going out today, just relaxing, got some plants to put in.
Have a nice day all.

2 Likes

Hello Sooz and a very good morning to you too.:wave:
It is gong to be another very warm to hot day down here, so I’m hoping that all of the membership do not over-do anything :+1:

Good morning everyone

Its looking a nice day out today…I’m hoping it warms up to dry out the walls that were soaked through when we were flooded with the roof off…some of the plaster will have to be removed as I can’t see that ever drying out…oh well onwards and upwards :slight_smile:

Out with pals later to a restaurant in Wetherby a favourite of mine so I’m looking forward to that…have a lovely day all x

Morning all!

Made an unexpected store order yesterday. Got most of what I ordered but it was frustrating trying to get it.

Finally got to talk to my favorite person on the phone. That was nice.

Once again, hoping for an uneventful day.

Have a Zen day everyone.

Good Morning!

Blowing a gale here and raining. Even the dog won’t go out. Her and I are sitting at the window with grumpy faces!

No plans for the day yet, but Sundays are like that.

Have a lovely day :wave:

1 Like

Morning all.

Summer, sorry to hear about that! Hope it gets sorted soon.

I am hoping my 1.30 appt turns up. Someone to look at clearing my garden rubbish. I have booked a slot for tomorrow at the tip, if she can’t take the heavy bits I have (the non working mini oven and a printer). I need to sort out more to take cos I really want that middle bedroom cleared.

After the tip run I intend going out somewhere for a nice meal, as Holly will be with her carer for a few hours tomorrow.

Good luck with that Jazzi, we have a Man to get rid of unwanted stuff, but we have to pay him £25.

Good morning all, another very hot day here and a scorching week ahead.

I’ll be pottering around in the house and garden before it gets too hot.

Enjoy your day folks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good Morning!

I had a bit of a lie - in this morning, but now I’ve had several cups of coffee and a shower and I’m ready to face the world - or at least as ready as I will ever be

It’s a lovely sunny morning, so although I have a couple of hobbies I think I’ll get out for a stroll round the local streets & park

Good morning all.
It’s getting hotter as the day goes on. Not looking forward to that heat returning later in the week. :worried:

Not a good start to the day, my Gertie seems to be going backwards again.
I hardly dare think it, but I don’t like the way this is going.

I must and get on with some chores, and take my mind off the worry for a little while.

Poor Gertie…:frowning:
Do you have a good vet?

Oh poor Gertie! I hope she will rally round and recover. Sending hugs your way.

Rubbish removal rescheduled for tomorrow which has put me right out. Sigh…

Oh i’m sorry to hear that MUPS, hope Gertie gets better.

Thank you Besoeker, susie and Jazzi.
I am offering her liquid every couple of hours as I am concerned about her dehydrating in this heat otherwise.

Goodness me, you should have seen her tea time. She sat in her bed, and had me spoon feeding her, little minx. I never know for sure if she is milking it a bit, but if it gets her eating, I don’t care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A positive result Mumps!
We love our canine companions.

1 Like

Hi

There is a very nasty version of Campylobacter Jejuni doing the rounds at the moment.

I had it last year, 10 days in ITU.

It can recur, I had it last time a few weeks ago and ended up with Acute Kidney Injury Stage two.

The ambulance took hours to come and then kept outside for over 5 hours in an ambulance on the hottest day of the year here.

It can also affect dogs and with every best will in the world, there is nothing you can do.

It can be caught from the outside of packaging.

It is not your fault Mups, you can do everything right and still end up with it.

I know how it affects humans, it has put me in hospital twice.

I am not a Vet, so cannot comment on how it affects dogs.

Thank you Swimmy.
I know a fair bit about this horrid bacteria as my poor old Mum had it once too - on top of E.Coli !! I had to wear masks and gloves to visit her in hospital.
Mum also had cancer at the time to add to her troubles, so you can imagine what a very frightening time it was.

I myself also had it about 20 years ago too. Never felt so ill in my life.

Dogs can also be carriers without showing sympotms, so will have them both retested later to put my mind at rest. I am not sure which strain my dog has, but will ask on Wednesday when she goes back for another check up.
Once her Erythromycin has gone through her system, I shall have her retested at an animal laboratory I have used in the past. They are very efficient and will send me the kit through the post, then email me the results, along with a copy to my vet as well.
All this at just a third of the price the vet charges me. I can have both dogs tested for less than it costs for just one vets test!

P.S. I suspect she might have got it from drinking from one of the bird baths that is low down, and the Pigeons sometimes have poo’d in it.
I might be wrong, it might be nothing to do with that water, I will probably never know for sure.