Good morning Saturday November 27th

@Longdriver I have a cousin who uses those back ion pre covid days we went with them for pies when visiting cracking.

1 Like

Thanks Kazz, they say they will be here later!
My big worry is that some sat navs guide traffic down my tiny lane, and that includes big lorries. The driver may not notice the lower power line so I have spoken to the Electricity people to let them know & she will pass the message to their safety workers. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just the usual cold misery here, 14’ overnight then 19’ during the day., 8’ below average for this time of year

When did they start naming storms? I can understand naming Cyclones but not storms, what next? Shower Albert, Windy Wendy?

Anyway I am going to have an early night, it is warmer in bed!

3 Likes

Well there you go Opticians have cancelled as the optician could not get into work bit annoying as I swopped a shift at work to go today never mind rebooked for Thursday 10.40am which means swopping another shift but other than that January as there is a family history of dry macular I would like them done for peace of mind or a heads up.

Nite Nite …Don’t let the bed bugs bite

The coldest start to the day for a long time down here in the Weald. Lashing rain and gusty wind. Wintry weather has truly arrived.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Hi

I have been lucky apparently, locally sheds, fences and trees down.

One of my brothers lives just off the M62 in Yorkshire, no power and overnight 120 HGVs stuck in the snow on the motorway.

Good morning all.

No damage immediately nearby that I can see, but haven’t ventured out far as yet.
Some places have had an awful time apparently. People killed in Durham.
Hope we all keep safe.

Hi. We’ve had a weird situation. There were reports on our local neighbourhood group of strange noises last night.

It seems that when the wind in strong enough and “just right” one of the buildings in Manchester City centre hums for some reason.