Good Morning Saturday, 9th March 2024

A warm sunny day in the nation’s capitol with temperatures up in the low 30s.

Saw my daughter and son in law off this morning on their 10 hour drive to some race track in Victoria, (Broadford, Broadnorth? something like that). Their bikes are going with someone else who left yesterday.

Took the dog for a a walk immediately afterwards before it got too hot, came across this sign on the cycleway/footpath under one of the bridges.

What do you think of that idea? I think it could be a good idea if it improves the quality of graffitti but it was mostly the same inane tagging even over the top better stuff. I suppose it is out of sight, off the streets but it seems to be just encouraging the idiots.

Anyway the sun is shining it is warm, there is air con in the house (I don’t have it at home) what’s not to like.

Have a good one, take care, keep warm.

Morning Bruce - that isn’t graffiti, that is tagging! Don’t know if you have heard of Banksy - he is a British real graffiti artist whose work is clever and usually makes a social comment. Tagging is something done by mindless morons who will never amount to anything in their lives (I really dislike tagging as you may have guessed) let’s hope they restrict their tagging to that sign and it doesn’t spread to the rest of the area!

No cat duties for a few weeks as the regular servants are back, there was some confusion as to when they would arrive home as I had a message they would be back at 6pm on Friday, when in fact they arrived at 8.30 am today!

Weather here today is sunny with some showers and temperatures reaching 11c (how will we survive!)

Take care - hope everyone had a great day

1 Like

Good Morning from Foxy’s world… :disguised_face:
Trying to find something fresh and exciting to post each morning makes me realise just what a boring and repetitive life I lead… :anguished:
Anyway…Done the Tesco shop, and it’ll be off to find some garden centre for lunch…
Daughter and hubby are coming for tea and Verstappen is on pole for today’s exciting race… :roll_eyes:

Late good morning to you all!
I’ve just looked at our forecast and have decided what I’ll be doing today and tomorrow…hunkering down!
The rain starts this afternoon, so I’m soon out for my daily walk. I was gone all day yesterday, but got several things accomplished as far as errands and such, and a play date. :wink:

So today the temps have dropped, it will be my chili and garlic Texas Toast dinner, side salad.
There will be up to 2 inches of rain tonight, and tomorrow, with flash flood warnings out from this afternoon through tomorrow evening. Oh, and about 2 inches of snow also in the mix.
My dusting utensils will be happy to see me, but mostly I’ve cleaned everything else, vacumned, laundry, mopped floors, but I do have three blouses to be ironed.
What a fun day planned! I may even do a crossword puzzle or two…I just love these winter days.
Hope you all have the some fun things to look forward to. Let me know, I’m inside and anxious to read about your day!

1 Like

It went better than expected RightNow, unfortunately no walk this morning due to some heel pain, but having said that, I don’t usually walk on a Saturday anyway (rest day). Hopefully it might have subsided by tomorrow and it will either be out on the bike (if it’s not too windy) or a short walk.
Consumed a nice piece of steak pie, peas and potato wedges for lunch at a garden centre aptly called ‘California Gardens’ :grin:
Met some good friends while we were there and had a good natter…Interestingly, they live next door! Small world!!! Might even see you in there sometime RightNow, you never know…
:sunglasses:
Just waiting for our daughter, hubby and granddaughter to arrive for tea so I thought I’d peruse the forum…

2 Likes

It’s true but Thoreau’s quote “the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation” is also a load of bollox.

Every day has to have repetition, you have to eat, you have to sleep. The only real enemy is boredom. Currently I am a few hundred Ks away from home so I don’t have all the little things that can make the day at home interesting, for example in my workshop etc.

On the other hand there are things here I can do which I can’t do at home, new scenery, new walks, even new shops. It all balances out.

And, as my daughter has reminded me twice, air conditioning!

1 Like