Good Morning Saturday 6th July 2024

My hearts done in the air fryer were a gastronomical triumph, I even threw in a couple of bits of bacon (the bacon was a bit over cooked if I am honest)

Actually he was quite right it is impossible for the UK to experience a hurricane, that is not to say you can’t have bad storms but cyclones can only occur between something like 5° and 30° north or south of the equator and a water temperature above 26°C. For example NSW gets East Coast Lows which are very severe storms but they are not cyclones because we are too far south. Think of the 1998 Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race when six died and about as many boats sank.

2 Likes

Ah get it now! Blood letting has a long history but beware the leeches. :wink:

1 Like

asked next door if i could cut down some of the overhanging branches from their tree. Didn’t have to ask but it is always nice to be polite and ask first. So Sue and I have spent most of the morning until nearly 2pm cutting down and chopping up tree branches up to 3 +inches in size and all the twigs on them. WE is knackered now. so glad got that little hand chain saw, exhausted 2 x24v batteries doing it, so now both back on charge

2 Likes

It wasn’t classified officially as a hurricane, although at certain moments during the storm, hurricane force gusts of up to 100mph were registered in certain areas of the country.

2 Likes

Good morning from the land of blue skies and flower-wilting temperatures!

It is a relaxing pleasure after a long run to sit down with you (fully-clothed in service to all :grin:) all for a cup of chai and read about everyone’s good day.

That’s quite a story! This happened in our most recent major hurricane when some people actually came here to avoid the path of the hurricane that turned and ended up right on top of us. We weren’t supposed to have any effects from Beryl, but we may yet have some of the bands upon us in the next couple of days.

@Sheila, I am relieved for you that your car problem was just a sensor. Like @OGF and his television, over-engineering is a double-edges sword. My mother and I, married to men who were most literally never home, used to joke that cars and appliances have sensors that cause them to break down or kick off warnings of all sorts whenever they left town. Convince me otherwise :rofl:.

@dood, I am certainly glad that that your treatment is a easy as an occasional oil change. It’s still no fun; so I’m glad that’s done for the day. I was interested in reading about the Tower House. I like it when people who have made large chunks of money hone their interests - and investment - in arts and architecture. I just happened to read about Herb Alpert, the musician and founder of A&M records, who has donated tens of millions of dollars in art and music education for kids.

The official lazy hour is over, so I am off to look at building lots for “The Eventual Home for the Aged and Infirm” The idea of giving up this house feels sad, but I feel like I still have the reins by getting out in front of it while I still have half a brain!

Offal, venesection (which like OGF I first read as vivisection), leeches, and lambs…@OGF would you mind sending the directions to the produce stand? Suddenly I have a massive craving for a giant leafy green salad…

Happy Saturday!

4 Likes

G’day … I’ve been lucky I guess. Had this problem for about 15 years, no side effect to the Chemo drug. Had lots of venesections at first, now it’s about once every 6 months. I said millions earlier: a slight exaggeration!

I’m making tuna from a tin, onion garlic mushrooms and pasta. Nothing that bleeds.

3 Likes

Tuna is nice, I occasionally buy a steak from the fish market. What is nice about tuna is that the bone neatly divides it into four pieces so you get four steaks/meals out of it. great on the BBQ.

3 Likes