Good Morning Saturday, 4th May 2024

I wanted to go to Toulouse as well as Paolo Nutini is in concert there 3rd July but Husband said he ain’t paying out 120 euros just for the tickets alone…Then it’s a stop over as well…more expense…
I’m counting down the minutes now…Crumpets is all that is on my mind…

1 Like

Do you take a Tent with you Bruce?

1 Like

No a teardrop camper it is really just a tent on wheels with a better kitchen. I can’t crawl in an out of a tent any more and the ones tall enough to stand up in are too big for just me.

I only mention it in the “Good Morning” thread because that is what I am doing this morning but everybody else has interesting mornings too.

2 Likes

Wow that is one house on wheels set up…
nothing but comfort…Yes tenting is ok until it Rains…We still have two tents or is that 2 Tense…one climb in and fall type and one bigger one that has two main compartments …even a little veranda. Still got our Caravan here as well…Bought that in 1987 and although it is looking tired on the outer the inside is still a Palace…

2 Likes

Hard Yakka is the little tenting now me old cobber haha
have a good safe trip and I’m off for a Crumpet or :grin: three…
…no cannot agree with you there Bruce. Nothing more exciting than a trip out like your doing…

just in case you fancy a bit of crumpet also… :innocent:

My recipe is… 125 g of Bread Flour
3/4 g dried active yeast
half teaspn of caster sugar
quarter teaspn of bi carbonate soda and same for salt
warm separately 50 ml of water and 140ml of milk…add that to the rest of the mix and whisk for a few minutes and then let it rest for an hour…mmmm…ooo…mmmmm

3 Likes

Good morning Bruce, looks like you have all you need for your journey. That’s a good price for diesel, more expensive here, wherever you go.
The sun’s finally out again this morning,we’ve had enough rain, hopefully it will get warmer too.

Wishing you a safe trip.

1 Like

Hello Diane, you’ve just taken me back to “memory lane”, mentioning those crumpets. When we lived in London, my mum used to buy the ready-made ones in packets. They were delicious hot with melting butter. :yum:

I think I may try your recipe. :smiley:

3 Likes

What kind of thickness do you roll it out to Dianne and do you cut it into rounds and bake, fry or grill? I seriously haven’t tried this before hence the questions :+1:

1 Like

crumpet rings
you just pour the rested mixture that has now doubled and bubbled in size into the rings…Frying Pan with enough oil to cover the base… metal rings in…pour in to almost the top of the rings…takes 5 mins to cook and you need to flip them over so both sides are a med brown colour…mmmm mouth is dribbling now…

3 Likes

rolling about

haha… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: like rolling a yorkshire pudding mix…

3 Likes

Excellent!
Thank you, looks like I’m going to have to order some rings from Amazon :+1:

2 Likes

don’t forget you need strong plain white Bread Flour and the Dried Active packets of Yeast…I use to mainly get that in Tescos btw…that recipe makes 8 crumpets and I have had to test 4 so far, so can vouch for this mix is purrfect… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Yep, we use strong white bread flour regularly for making bread, or rather my son does. These things simply have to be tested, just to be sure :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds a little bit tricky. I’m more of an “oven” person when it comes to cooking “doughy” stuff , I’m not even good at making pancakes, my daughter is. I’ll try, anyway thank you for the tips.

2 Likes

I did forget to say you cover the mix for about an hour with a damp cloth or T Cloth…it then bubbles and expands…

2 Likes

A morning stroll at 0700 with the wee dog. Mostly cloudy

2 Likes

Good morning all :slight_smile: Have a great weekend everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Morning all – hurrah no rain last night, bright sunshine this morning and forecast for the rest of the day! :sunny:

Kudos for making that journey Bruce – enjoy and drive safe :oncoming_automobile:

Went out for dinner with neighbours last night to a restaurant where they are well known – had a lovely time as always, except when the waiter asked my neighbour if I was his mother!! :astonished: He is only 10 years younger than me! That waiter may find himself involved in an “accident” before long! :face_with_head_bandage:

We had the robust conversation about their always paying, told them it was making me uncomfortable so they have promised that the next time they will let me pay – won’t let them forget that promise

They went off early this morning for a one week cruise so I am back on cat servant duties. Despite the bright sunshine she had to be “persuaded” to go out :pouting_cat: (I hope my wounds heal quickly).

Gardener cancelled yesterday because of the rain and rescheduled for next week but the good news is my new book arrived and I have already started it.

Only plans today are laundry and a little housework

Take care – hope everyone had a great day

4 Likes

Sue was woken up about 11pm last night with her mobile phone ringing. It was one of the granchildren. “Nanna Nanna ring the police” she aid. Sue said why? “Ring the police quick Nanna, the Daddy arresting police”, why whats happened? Sue asked. “Nanna Daddy is annoying me”
this is how kids can easily get parents into trouble. Daddy it seems was lying on the floor just looking at her

2 Likes

Good Morning From Foxy’s World… :waffle:
I couldn’t find a crumpet in the emoji’s so this looks close… :blush:
How many of us reading this are rushing out to buy crumpets this morning…? I love them but usually get Warburtons from the Tesco…Yum!
I’ve swopped my walk for a shuffle round Tesco with Mrs Fox this morning (never visit a supermarket when you haven’t had breakfast :009:)
No rain forecast for today so the drive out to a decent garden centre for lunch should be enjoyable. Received a package of electronics bits yesterday for my latest project, so guess what I’ll be doing this aft…
:boom:

3 Likes