Good Morning Saturday, 30th March 2024

Good morning all you laptop loonies out there. Have a good one.

Had a walk this morning of course and quickly called into the mall to get some Bega cheese slices and some more hot cross buns which I will freeze.

Once home I booked a couple of nights after Easter at a caravan park near Wagga and, after seeing how dirty it was, gave my camper a wash. It hasn’t been used since my trip to the Central West in November.

Not sure what I will do for the rest of the week, it all depends on the weather but perhaps a trip to Jindabyne? It’s nice when it isn’t the snow season.

Anyway have a great day while you prepare for the Easter Bunny tomorrow.

1 Like

Good morning all!

Bruce, you’re in Australia? I’m a little behind on catching on. I’m excited, I got my reservation and now going to go look for a tent. Was recommended Big Agnes and now wondering why its so expensive. Kind of exciting, I have a stove, might need to buy more propane.

Ok, branching out and hoping I wont offend you, but being from Australia, how big of a presence is BHP? Also any thoughts on stocks for BHP? I worked for them for 4.5 years here in the states and I have to say its one of the best companies as fas as employee benefits are concerned.

Happy Easter. Good Friday was nice.

1 Like

Yes I am in Australia, my morning is just about over when I post the Good Morning thread but the UK has only just passed midnight and I am guessing you are still in the day before.

I hope you find the right tent, I can’t give you any advice as I am sure you have a much better selection than we do.

Until I retired I too worked for BHP at the Port Kembla Steelworks, it was the major employer in Wollongong for decades until it hived off the steel industry and concentrated on mining only. It is certainly the biggest company in Australia and I think it is the biggest mining company in the world - far ahead of companies like Rio Tinto etc.

It was an alright company to work for here but because of our IR laws nothing special I have worked for better companies. Funnily enough it is still mining in Broken Hill where it first started in the 1890s but its headquarters is now in Melbourne.

that is too cool. I really enjoyed working for BHP. Unfortunately I was employed in their oil and gas area when they decided to exit again. My opinion but the employees in Houston were best in class. I wish they were still here. I believe BHP sold their energy interest to Woodside Energy, another Australian company?

I’ve held on to some stocks from them and are thinking of selling soon. Broken Hill was on most of my paychecks.

Unfortunately I seem to represent the Texas slogan of “only Texas” hahaha. For some reason I thought you were UK till just now. I’m sitting here in 3/29 but always enjoyed this thread to think of tomorrow.

Learning quite a few things on this forum.

1 Like

Morning all - lovely sunny day today (so far!)

Neighbour called in yesterday with a batch of cup cakes she had made :cupcake: I swear her sole purpose in life is to sabotage my diet (not difficult!). :blush:

Not planning to go anywhere today - or the rest of the weekend actually! Local radio is already reporting heavy traffic with people getting away for the weekend.

Clocks go forward early tomorrow morning so losing an hour - at my age I can’t afford to lose any!!

Take care - hope everyone has a great day

2 Likes

Good Morning From Foxy’s Sunny World…
Seaside
Just time to touch base on the forum. Tesco done, Breakfast done, shower done…
Just off to Cleethorpes for the day…I know a cheeky little garden centre there that does a delicious dinner, and afterwards, a walk along the prom…

3 Likes