Good Morning Saturday 25th May 2024

Good Morning all you grooving Picts just coming out of your caves…

Today I have been getting my kicks on Route 66 or at least National Highway 66. About 30 minutes ago I entered Queensland so my wrist watch is right again as I am back on AEST :+1: it is too complicated to change the hands.

The road was terrible as it was badly affected by the summers floods but I am on the home stretch and in a few days I should be in NSW. It is still dry, and sunny (that’s why it is called the dry season) Camooweal has a population of 300 and a roadhouse.

What excitements do you have planned for your weekend?

7 Likes

Sounds like a good trip, Bruce. An adventure is just what I need…but not this weekend. Its a bank holiday so naturally, it throws a spanner in the works over here in the UK, with regard to public services. :roll_eyes:

Oh…Good Morning to you and everyone who follows :grinning:

6 Likes

Sounds exciting travelling through different time zones one after another, experiencing weather changes.
Not a good start here, got up to find it’s been raining again :rage:

Enjoy your trip.

5 Likes

Good morning all!

Hey Bruce, I’ve just Googled Camooweal, it looks very, very flat, a bit like Norfolk with sunshine! Yeah, you’d have to be a brave soul to venture out on public transport during a bank holiday weekend Pixie.

I’ll be going into town with my son today to pick up some supplies and indulge in a little shopping. I’m totally out of Joss sticks and incense cones, that’s not a good place to be…man! :v::blossom:

You’re not having much luck with the weather where you are Rose, it can only get better :+1:

Have a good day forum people :+1::sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Morning all – sunny start to the day, hope it stays that way

The engineer called yesterday to service the boiler (the gas boiler, not me!). As it is quite old I asked whether he thought it should be replaced – he said that being older it wasn’t as efficient as the newer ones but that as it was otherwise working fine he didn’t see the need. How refreshing to have a tradesman who doesn’t immediately try to sell you a replacement! :clap:

Today’s plans are laundry and then some shopping – need to stock up the wine supply, :wine_glass: for any visitors you understand!

Have finished the second book delivered last Saturday but when out shopping found a Jeffrey Deaver book which I haven’t read so will start on that this weekend

Take care – have a lovely day

5 Likes

You’re right about it being flat, though not a lot like Norfolk.

BTW I come from a family of Fen dwellers (though I was born in Cheltenham), I used to spend a lot of time as a kid with relo’s in the Fens and on my uncle’s farm in Suffolk. Apparently I have been spoken to by royalty when I was in a shop in Dersingham (sp?) they must have had a place nearby (in the 40s or early 50s)

4 Likes

Good morning - The clouds have rolled back and the Sun is shining. The half of the garden I’ve let grow into a mini-meadow looks good with tall grasses, daisies, buttercups, small blue flowers and even a thistle. Might even get to prefer it to keeping it mowed.

I’ll be mowing the other half of the grass, just so it doesn’t look as if I’m too lazy to mow any of it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

https://www.incensewarehouse.com/Stick-Incense_ep_47-1.html#:~:text=Traditionally%20the%20term%20joss%20was,joss%20cones%2C%20joss%20coils).

:eyes: :woman_zombie::lol:

3 Likes

Hubby’s… way back Family took the trip to NSW via Sydney from London…

paid trip so guess they still had not reached the poor side of life like the next Generation Did…so journey was made with his Wife and they had One Son at that point. He was Hubby’s Grand Father on his Father’s side…They had two more children whilst in NSW but no idea about where they actually lived until.
they returned to London in 1878

Enjoyed yourself Bruce?

4 Likes

Hello folks…Did you miss me?..
:nerd_face:
I’ve been trying to fathom out the new motor and reading through the 235 page manual…Still none the wiser… :017:
Bells and whistles going off all over the place, and that stop/start thingy is beginning to annoy me… :open_mouth:
Brilliant sunshine this morning but still a bit nippy around the knees…Sod’s law that the weather is nice and sunny on my rest day… :roll_eyes:
However, I’ve not been lazy in the walking department, and on Fridays walk look who I bumped into…

He was sat on the path, so after moving him to a safe place in the grass I photographed him and thanked him for the pose… :grin:
I’ve pondered this old oak tree many times as I’ve passed it on the lane. I started running down this lane back in the early seventies and have been coming down here ever since. That tree is probably older than Mrs Fox and me added together, and no doubt will still be here long after our demise. What a story it could tell if you could download it’s life…

4 Likes

Now you tell me Dianne! :wink:

4 Likes

Depends wot the ? is… :thinking:

1 Like

You want to know the time maybe…easy that 14.11
or you want to know more about Incense’s…

:rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you, yes, but for now we’re still going through the first part of " It will get worse before it gets better" :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Does that saying work with other things Rose?

2 Likes

I hope it does :crossed_fingers: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very interesting :thinking:

I meant your article about incense, @DianneWoollie :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not as glamorous, I have an aunt, whose life’s hobby was genealogy, early on decided to research the etymology of my surname. It has been among our favorite discoveries to find that it means “Lives in or near a swamp.” Swamp people. I come from swamp people :woozy_face:

That sorry roadhouse is the only downside to travel, but it’s in the rearview mirror:

If you ever plan to motor west
Travel my way, take the highway that’s the best
Get your kicks on Route 66 :notes:

Now you’ve got us itching for a road trip…

Perhaps God’s greatest is trees, OGF and that’s a beauty. We foot travelers have the time to ponder and appreciate them that car travelers do not. My fondest memories were climbing the pecan trees in my grandmother’s backyard to laze about eating too-ripe pecans and collecting locust shells into mayonnaise jars.

Fantastic! That is a nice piece of family memorabilia. I can’t imagine what an adventure that would have been.

We are in the midst of a family crisis right now. While resorting the storage bins, Finn (new dog - adult body, puppy disposition), found the bin with my daughter’s dolls and chewed up the face and hands of her beloved Bitty Baby. My daughter (adult body, adult disposition) is moping about like someone died, mumbling uncharitable things about Finn under her breath. She’s someone justified. Finn may be a sociopath, you should see the body…

Hope your day is dog-damage free!

3 Likes

Gosh , would you care to be more specific, I’m easily confused, inhaling all those non witchy smoke particles probably hasn’t helped :crazy_face:

Yours truly

Patchouli Paul

3 Likes