Good Morning Saturday 20th July 2024

Good morning everybody on this windy but sunny Saturday.

I was up early to go to the supermarket for milk, They didn’t have any Lite milk so I got full cream. I also bought some minced pies, I initially thought they must have discovered some frozen ones at the back of the freezer until I remembered “Christmas in July” is a bit of a thing here.

The supermarket checkouts were working fine but the advertising signs still showed the blue screen of death.

Since the outside temperature is only supposed to reach 15° today I have shut myself in a room with a heater wearing my tin foil hat as a precaution while they sort out this computer issue.

Enjoy your weekend and remember that complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive.

Have a good one…

7 Likes

Good morning - It’s sunny but cloudy here. The temperature at 8.05 a.m. is 18ºC.

A bit more work on the hallway floor to do.

We will be visited by two children and a grandchild later. A noisy lot but still welcome. They are likely to bring me a sausage, crispy bacon and egg sandwich. Bought from a cafe where another grandson works. Now there’s something to look forward to. :slight_smile:

Hoping everyone has a good day.

6 Likes

Morning all – what a change in the weather! Overcast and grey with a promise of rain later – only to be expected as the schools broke up yesterday!

Love the outfit Bruce, are you ready for the BBQ :grinning:

Enjoy the visit from your family Mart

Late start for me this morning – didn’t get up until after 8.00 – don’t worry I am showered and dressed although the rest of my routine to make myself vaguely human has yet to be carried out! :icon_lol: It means I am late putting food out for the birds and they are lined up on my garden wall looking very impatient! :eagle:

Yesterday’s weather was glorious, very sunny and hot. Did some laundry but was lazy for the rest of the day, mostly reading – have to say I am having problems getting into this book, but I will persevere!

Today’s plan is to iron all the laundry I have done over the last couple of days (oh joy) some housework and a quick visit to the supermarket to stock up on basics.

Take care - have a great day everyone

7 Likes

Good morning everyone.

I’ve just returned from dog walking. It was a nice steady walk across the fields and we hardly saw another person, very peaceful. It’s cloudy today but still quite warm although according to the weather app on my computer we should get gusty winds at 13.00 so we’ll see because there’s hardly a breath of a breeze at the moment (11.00).

I hadn’t realised that we had a fashion icon in our midst - Bruce’s outfit will surely be a trendsetter? It sounds as if Mart will have a busy day with the visit from family - it’s always a joy to see grandchildren, mine are grown up now though so not quite so boisterous!

I have just brought down a pile of clothes to be ironed which I have been studiously ignoring for the past few days but needs must if I want to wear clean clothes. So, like Sheila, that will be my task for today - it’s a job I really dislike too.

Nothing much else to report today except that I shall be watching the test match where the WI are at least making a better fist of it than in the previous match.

Happy Saturday!

6 Likes

Good Morning everyone, and especially a ‘ready for the oven Bruce’… :grin:
A rest day today with no walking, running or cycling but excluding an early visit to the Tesco for the fresh veg and salad stuff… :leafy_green:
Mrs Fox is going for a Strawberry and Cream tea and a nag with the local village gossips this afternoon so it’s going to be nice and quiet. … :yawning_face: Might even learn about some erotic stuff going on in the neighbourhood… :open_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Only the paranoid survive. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Glad to hear you are taking it easy today!

Why Foxy - I am shocked you would be interested in such a thing! (if you do learn anything - sharesies :laughing: )

4 Likes

Been to Waitrose, got some Vogel bread, salmon pate, feta cheese to keep us going.

We’ve been slowly emptying our little freezer at the bottom of our fridge, using up stuff, and will defrost it later. It’s supposed to defrost itself, I think, but over the years the draws stick.

Have a g’day all.

4 Likes

Thanks Sheila… :+1:
You never really know who your neighbours are or what really goes on in your village…Many years ago I heard stories about my local pub. For the benefit of those younger than 60, the local pub was where all the locals met and had a pint together, even the local copper, who lived in the village, supped in there. Most of his intel came from the gossip around the bar… :open_mouth:
Anyway, it was rumoured that a certain group of wives and husbands used to congregate late at night during a ‘Lock out’ and put all of their keys in a large bowl in the centre of a table…Blindfolded, all the wives would choose a set of keys…Whoever’s keys they selected would be their lover for the night… :upside_down_face:
Of course, I knew nothing about these ‘goings on’ and only heard it from a friend… :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Mmmm I believe you … :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, of course you did! Isn’t it strange that whenever you hear about these sort of parties it is always “from a friend”!

4 Likes

A lovely Saturday morn to all.

10 sentences you need to hear once in your lfe:

1-People aren’t against you, they are for themselves.
2-Climb mountains, not so the world can see, but so you can see the world.
3-You learn more from failure than from success, don’t let it stop you,
failure builds character.
4-The most dangerous risk of all is spending your life not doing what you want,on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.
5-Go where you’re celebrated, not where you’re tolerated.
6-The person you will spend the most time with n your life, is yourself,
so you better make yourself as interesting as possible.
7-If yo accept your limitations, you go beyond them.
8-People often say that motivation doesn’t last,well neither does bathing,
that’s why we recommend it daily.
9-Everyone you meet is afraid of something,has loved something,
and has lost something.
10-Comfort is the enemy of achievement.
----Unknown

Have a safe and wonderful Saturday :smiley:

4 Likes

All true raven - another I like is

A winner isn’t someone who never fails - it is someone who never gives up

3 Likes

Lovely Blue Sky Sunny Day. Opened the patio doors.
And there waz Cyril >>

Showing Orf. >> Again.
:rofl: All the way to The Nut Case.

3 Likes

Good gray morning! I love this time of year when weather could be just about anything - but cold. It is a sure sign that we are turning the corner on summer when the earth slowly starts bending away from the sun, giving us sunsets that will grow increasingly spectacular through the fall, and we had a beauty last night with a nice little southern dinner - cornbread with summer goulash. So many of the dishes in this part of the world were made popular because they were the food of the working poor, so they are easy to whip up and reflect what we can get from the garden and farm stands this time of year.

Now that Bruce is ready to become brisket of conspiracy, marinating in the Windows software outage, I am reminded that only we (seniors) have the ability to manage without panicking. I marvel, after years of watching this sort of software crash, that businesses can’t operate with a pad of paper, a calculator if needed, and cash transactions. I wonder how many thousands a small business misses in a day because they can’t do paper math? At least we still have the power :man_superhero: :man_superhero:!.

Someone go save OGF from himself!

This is tutoring day, so I am having to put my math brain on, followed by more sanding, and hopefully a little time to paint.

Have a good day, and let’s hope Mrs. OGF makes a short day of it to save OGF from himself!

5 Likes

Not an early early start but a steady one here, walked up the road for the paper spoke to a few neighbours/shop users so a 3 minute walk became about an hour. Luckiiy had not put the milk on for my cereal LOL;

Tried a new cereal (expanding my breakfast menu) very nice too.

Considering running the mower over the grass before the promised or should that be threatened storms arrive, but not sure I am in the mood, think it is too heavy/muggy.

I have to do a bit of ironing so maybe today is the day get it out of the way.

Roast type of dinner today with sausages (to use), also got to pop to Sainsburys to get some vanilla extract as tomorrow I am making 6 blueberry muffins to have as a mid morning snack for the coming week.
Tomorrow I am out for the evening should be interesting will update Monday I think. To celebrate the Buck Full Moon.

5 Likes

Mrs d00d must have been up with the lark this morning, she had laundry on the line by 6:30 when I woke. It didn’t want to dry: no sun, no wind. We sat down to lunch at 1:00 looked out the window, OMG it’s raining. We both dashed out to rescue it. Now the sun is shining for the first time today, shall we or shan’t we hang it out again. Big decision best left to the boss.

2 Likes

@Surfermom I’ve never heard of summer goulash, so I googled it, sounds alright, I might give it a go. Should go well with something like grilled fish. Hmmm

Tonight we’re having the last portion of the tomato/onion pasta sauce from the freezer without pasta but with new potatoes and asparagus. A slightly odd mix but it will be fine.

2 Likes

I made myself a mud cake last week, while I was washing up the bowls, spoons, spatulas etc I was counselling myself to go back to buying the supermarket light fruit cake which I enjoy more and involves a lot less work.

Elixir for seniors.

2 Likes

Fruitcake isn’t even in the same galaxy as mud cake. I am sure it was decadent!

2 Likes