Good morning Saturday, 18 December

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all. :039:

Damp, cold and foggy this morning, brighter spells possible later in the day is the forecast.
Maximum temperature 7ºC.

As it’s the weekend I will not be doing much, a few household chores and that is all for me today.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.

1 Like

Good morning everyone, fog clearing now after being quite dense earlier, but still very damp and miserable out…

Back now from walking the dogs and pondering a couple of small jobs to do before lunch, but no plans yet for after that so may have an hour on my jigsaw.

Have a pleasant day folks :blush:

Good Morning all

A week today is CHRISTMAS DAY.

Up a bit late this morning and been round the block with the dog; off out for a good walk shortly and work later today.

Also finalise my “need” list for Christmas few days.

For the first time in quite a few years I have four days off due to a fluke of rota and an appointment we are closed Sat and Sunday, Thursday is my day off and Friday I have a hospital appointment although think it may be cancelled due to the covid pushing.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning everybody!

Very foggy and cold here this morning. No plans other than sorting out the recycling for tomorrow’s uplift day.

Have a lovely day everyone :wave:

Morning all.

Damp and foggy here. Some people from the coffee group are due to be at a garden centre this morning, but it is down country lanes, so three ladies have pulled out. I wasn’t going anyway. Yes the fog may be clearing a bit here but I wonder if it will go ahead still?

I need some milk, having thrown some away and started on the last pint. Wondering whether to pay over the odds for some locally, or try a nearby SM, which means the car and ending up buying more goods.

Morning all

I has a lovely lie in this morning, love weekend lie ins.

Taking Dad his fish at 12, he loves his twice weekly fish. Will have our usual coffee and chat bringing the world to rights. No need to do his shopping today as I did it at Lidl last night.

4.30pm me and the Golden Girls are getting together to exchange presents at one of the girls houses.

Tonight me and my husband are having an Indian takeaway and a bottle of wine . :wine_glass:

Enjoy Saturday whatever you be doing be it chilling or busy.

Clear and sunny up here.

Online tuition in a bit, the afternoon face to face lesson has been cancelled.

Bit of housework to do, but that’s about it.

Morning, Each!

Will spend the day wrapping, posting, ticking boxes, and spending!

Bah Humbug!

If I’d known how expensive Christmas was going to turn out, what with all these Grand Children & Great Grand Children, I’d have controlled my ardour!

Ebenezer is alive and kicking!

(Joking really!)

:family_woman_woman_girl_boy: :family_woman_woman_boy_boy: :family_woman_woman_girl_girl:

1 Like

Hi

A dull, soggy morning here.

Recycling collection, forgot to put it out as they have changed the day due to Christmas.

A lot to do today admin wise, not looking forward to it.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

-11C Clear. Have a great day, and be safe! :laughing:

Oh dear, it’s good afternoon from me today!

It’s a beautiful, clear, sunny day here, but windy and cold. Just been out to buy a few bits and bobs, and am about to have my lunch, after which I really must get on and do one of the several things I need to do before Christmas!

Have a lovely day folks :blush:

Never put off tasks until tomorrow, when you can put them off until the day after!

Or become a politician, and don’t do them at all!

:worried:

2 Likes

Good afternoon everyone :smiley: a grey damp day.
After a bad night with little sleep I got on and made 3 dozen mince pies for the family which I will take tomorrow to give them on our walk.

I am not planning on doing a lot more today just taking things easy…

Hang on, Meg!

Are you telling us that your family will eat 3 dozen mince Pies whilst they’re out for a walk?

Wow!

1 Like

Hey up, bit late I know but dry and sunny all day yer in North of Devon .Christmas decorations up, not that we put up many now.

I gave up on waiting for this thread yesterday :frowning: and went to bed.

Pity really because it was a lovely day, temperatures got up into the low 30s, I turned on my fans for the first time this summer and finally packed away my fan heater.

About 10pm the wind got up and a short, sharp storm when through with thunder and lightning, rain and hail a sure sign that summer has arrived.

1 Like