Good Morning Saturday 14/01/2023

Hi

Not such a boring start to the weekend after all.

Shortly after handover to the evening shift and the senior doctors leaving for the weekend, my readings went wrong big time and I rapidly became ill.

My blood pressure had collapsed to a fraction of what it should be and I was not breathing well at all.

I was also not long into a change in meds,

On call doctor arrived,in went cannula, the last one only just having been taken out.

The on call doctor was a foundation year doctor and I was his first emergency.

I am perhaps not the best first emergency to have.

I needed some fluids but the pump started playing up. and the pump alarms went off,a blockage somewhere, then the oxygen saturation level alarms went off again .

My heart rate became erratic and even lower and the pain level higher.

My morphine was increased to the maximum allowed.

The whole thing started just after 7:30 last night and was chaos until 4 this morning.

The poor doctor looks shattered, I am sat up in bed with a coffee, clean pyjamas and very greatful to him and the others for what they had done…May you live in interesting times is an old Chinese Curse.

Last night was definitely interesting.

Have a good day all and never give in.

5 Likes

I got the washing on the line this morning just in time for a short, sharp shower but it was wet anyway.

Looking after my grandkids today, the dog has gone home.

My washing was dry by mid arvo so that was good.

Looks chicken nuggets and chips for dinner tonight, one of the kids is a fussy eater (or not depending on how you look at it)

Have a good one…

Could that have caused it ?
Anyway ,keep fighting Captain Scarlet,remember you are indestructible :grinning:

Good morning everyone

Blimey Swimmy what a fright for you…Im glad you made it x

I have my eldest grandson Danny coming to stay over today so I’ve booked his favourite Italian restaurant for tonight…he loves it there so do I the waiters are lovely and make such a fuss of him. Hope it doesn’t snow and mess up my plans

Have a good day everyone

Oh Swimmers, you say you needed fluids? was the Pub not open? on a serious note, I really do wish you better, I feel really sorry for you.

Have a nice day all.

Maybe your best case scenario would not have been best? Keep up the fight! :slight_smile:

Morning all!

More rain here yesterday. It was getting me really down. But a couple calls cheered me up and feeling much better ATM.

Another day of hoping for a calm and peaceful day today. Sleep and watching videos sounds nice.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all.

Get well soon, swim.

Raining here, with winds, and set to last till at least 1pm. I don’t think Holly will be able to last that long so we will both get very wet on our first walk. Meanwhile, she is still tucked up in bed.

No plans for today.

Good morning everyone, heavy rain again.

No plans for the day other than ironing.

Gosh Swimmy, that was a worrying night for you, thank goodness the doctor got you through it.

Good morning!

Another miserable morning with low cloud & rain

I could just stay in and do hobbies, but I seem to have been staying indoors and doing that for ages
The forecast is for some improvement by this afternoon so I’ll get myself sorted, have an early dinner, then have a stroll to the local Working Men’s Club and pay this year’s subscription

Blooming heck Mr S … now I know why there’s shortage of doctors they are all lurking round your bed ! Hope you’ve settled down down now.

I’ve had to wait in all day for a reproduction mediaeval dagger, ordered by my son. Makes it a long day !

Hang in there Swimmy! We’re rooting for you !

Dear S,

Sorry to read you had such a trying night/morning. Hope today has been a bit better.

Feeling the early start to the year fatigue already, but still on the go. Assembly, an outing for the Year 8s, and a few evenings of Parent Consultations, will see next week a trying one. Deep breath and carry on, as they say.

Have a good one!