Good Morning Saturday, 13th April 2024

Another lovely sunny Autumn day, Went for my walk early, noticed that all the water lilies in the creek next to the high school had been washed away by last week’s rain event. I don’t know if any of the high school was flooded this time.

I thought I had better check my mailbox (I only do that once a week as most of my mail goes to my PO Box).

Surprisingly it was quite full but I discovered I’d had a win! My quarterly water bill included a “Service disruption rebate”. I had to think hard to remember when that happened, my water was only off for about an hour before they re-routed it so $40 seems a bit excessive but I am not going to complain.

I might get out and start on the grass later (hateful job).

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

3 Likes

Wow, you get a service reduction rebate! That is something we can only dream of. There is a clause in the regulations explaining that we can ask for refunds due to service disruptions but they always come up with some excuse that we are not entitled to anything.

I have an Australian pen friend and she has sent me videos/photos of all the floods you’ve been having. Sorry to hear about that and glad the sun is out again.

1 Like

We need to start on the grass too. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Morning all - another sunny day!

Yesterday was more productive than anticipated! I tackled the ironing I had neglected on Thursday, washed and dried another load and did a lot of batch cooking (my freezer now has ample supplies of chicken casserole, chilli and pasta sauce!) Following all that I sat in the sun and read several chapters of my book!

My garden could also use a little attention, the grass is getting long and the weeds between the paving slabs are beginning to look like they want to take over (think triffids!). My gardener was supposed to call last week but the bad weather made that impractical - also his wife has been unwell so he has been on nursing duties. Hopefully he can make it this coming week or I may have to try to do something myself (not bloody likely!!)

Planning on shopping today, my lightweight rain coat is looking tatty so I am off to look for a replacement.

Take care - have a lovely day everyone

1 Like

Good Morning from Foxy’s World… :dumpling:
Nothing about the cat Sheila? I love hearing about your encounters with pussy, perhaps you should get one and report on your adventures… :+1:
Just a regular Saturday here, Tesco first thing and then sort out a nice garden centre for lunch.
There’s a very nice one on the outskirts of Sheffield, as long as Sheffield Wednesday aren’t playing football it should be okay traffic wise…

1 Like

The beast was very well behaved last night - no little gifts! She also went out without making me stand by the open door for several minutes!

Was once owned by a cat and loved him to bits but don’t think I want the restriction of one now! :black_cat:

2 Likes

Morning all - just about, as afternoon is looming! Had a late night out with friends, so a bit fragile this morning - two glasses of wine is fine, but really shouldn’t have had that third glass.
Anyway i’m paying the price now. :slightly_smiling_face:

So a beautiful day here in the centre of the UK, and i shall take advantage and work some more magic on the garden - it’s beginning to look great again after yesterday’s hard toil.

Off to brew a good strong coffee. Take care and have a great day.

1 Like

And afternoon now. We had an early morning morning (0700) for the wee dog and then another stroll around about lunch time. Then we chatted with a few of our neighbours in the garden. That’s all…

1 Like

It turns out we were unlucky and got caught up in the football traffic, apparently Sheffield Wednesday were playing Stoke and drew 0ne each.
We still arrived in time for a Jacket spud and a brew (tea)
Beautiful views over the hills, although rain and mist was rushing down the valley.

The cafe’ has gone down hill a bit since we were there last and we had to clean our own table before we could eat. The skin on the spud was far too tough for me to eat and the tea must have been made with lukewarm water, and strained through a racing cyclists shorts. Anyway, had a quick look round and departed for another garden centre I found on my smartphone…I bet that surprised you! I’ve been using the smartphone to look at maps while I’m trig hunting and it has come in very handy. It directed me to another garden centre on google maps… :astonished: It’s not like a proper phone though… :009:
What a great little garden centre it was, nestled under a massive rock face with houses perched on the top…And a great cafe’ that sold nice scones…

4 Likes

good afternoon,

feel like I’m missed 24 hours somewhere. Prescription meds were more strong than I anticipated. Lost some time, but the teeth extractions were needed. Here’s to a good afternoon and good weekend.

1 Like