Good Morning Saturday 12th September 2026

Good morning to all that follow…

Another bright and sunny day again here in southern Hampshire. Was supposed to be going to a local fayre today, but the wife needs to sort out her new glasses which are being delivered today. Back home, we have an accumulated pile of stuff which needs to go the recycling centre, including her old tired laptop, which really isn’t much use to anyone and the wife refused my offer to install Linux on it to bring it back to life and having bought a new one. Naturally, I will remove the hard drive first before ditching it, although I will try to see if there are any charity shops which could make use of it. It’s so old and low powered it could barely run Vista :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: when it was new and choked badly when it tried to run Windows 10.

Anyways, may drive down to the beach later for a wander, probably sit in the car watching the cruise ships sail past whilst eating fish and chips. Other than that, no real plans for anything else.

Have a great weekend all…

:grin: :sunny:

3 Likes

Good morning everybody on a lovely autumn Saturday

A lazy morning here with no plans for the day, after a FaceTime coffee with my daughter I’ll probably have a wander up the park to read my book for an hour or so, having no garden I’m lucky enough to have two parks close by

Enjoy your weekend :wave:

3 Likes

Morning all

An early one (for me!) as we’re off to have some frolics in town today. Still plenty going on despite the end of the summer season, this being a visitors town.

Also going to check out the very large (and posh) new restaurant which is opening soon in town.
Will be a relief to see something nice there, instead of a derelict, once well known, department store that closed down 5 years ago.
Sadly many towns have the same problem at the moment, but great to see that something is being done with this empty space at last.
Let’s hope the prices are not too eye-watering! :grin:

Take care everyone

2 Likes

Good morning all I am in Mt Gambier, a town of sinkholes and volcanoes.

This morning visited the Umpherson Sinkhole followed by a trip to Blue Lake which is also the town water supply, climbed to the Centenary Tower (absolutely buggered afterwards), then went down into the Engelbreckt Caves.

In the arvo drove to Mount Schank an extinct volcano crater. My daughter climbed it I flew my drone until a high wind warning came up. On the way back called into Little Blue Lake another sink hole used as a swimming hole.

It has been a busy day

4 Likes

Disaster here yesterday. th 10 year old washing machine developed a rattle’shake and rock and roll. actually not that bad but it did mean searching for a replacement. Sue wanted a 1600 speed spin and 9g load capacity.
Easy found you would think? ah then size comes into the equation and also make. the one that needs replacing is by Indesite but that “model” has long gone and new available
Now we have a very limited space for it to go in so out with the steel rule and then the fun starts. It has to be white -no wireless remote control which a lot have now - fit into a tight space- search the internet - a company that delivers installs and removes old - price range


)

so not as easy as one would think and it vis so heavy to shift best left to those used to the job. so settled on same make with 1400spin speed and 9kg load capacity that fits,

2 Likes

Good morning! … just!
Cool, cloudy, raining

I went to bed at a reasonable time last night, about 10-30 but couldn’t settle or go to sleep so I eventually got up again about 02-00, made a cup of tea and watched a few Videos, one of the things you can do when you’re retired and live on your own
No, not porn I assure you! Most of them were on restoring furniture
I eventually went back to bed in the early hours, and got up again about 10-00 … this is a habit I must get out of

So far I’ve done last night’s washing up and some tidying, had breakfast
This afternoon I’ll do a bit of paperwork, including a couple of birthday cards, and go for a circuitous walk round to post them, even if it is still raining

2 Likes

Why do you have two?

1 Like

Washing machine and tumble dryer in our utility room off the kitchen

Dead push ain’t it, and this is just in the west wing of the house :023:
We had thought about offering house tours for a fixed fee but getting temp part time staff caused a problem. No issue with parking space for people visiting to do the conducted tour, again would have include a cost for parking and usually by appointment only

2 Likes

Good afternoon all!

I’m content plodding along today, having a bit of a purge, an Autumn clean so to speak.
My son has consented to having a real Christmas tree this year, hurrah! :christmas_tree:

Now I can dispose of this

Some heavy duty electrical pliers will snip it into smithereens!

Cream of chicken soup for a light lunch, Angel Delight to follow :drooling_face:

Something Goth for tonight washed down with a glass or two of Malbec :bat:
Barbara Shelley could scream for England!

Probably best not to have a cheese sarnie afterwards! :vampire::coffin: :scream:

Enjoy the rest of your day people! :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Oh! I thought they were both the same. Got it.