Good morning Monday 9/August

Thanks Meg, but it’s not my granddaughter who tested positive, it’s her friend. GD tested negative this morning, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way! Feel sorry for the little friend’s mum though - she has a 15 month old who has tonsilitis and double ear infection at the moment, and now her 6 year old with Covid. And she’s a single mum, so it’s going to be hard on her.

Yes, Devon has been relatively safe, but Cornwall’s figures climbed dramatically recently. It had always been very safe there, much lower figures than here, but of course that very fact attracted lots of holidaymakers, and then the G7 summit certainly didn’t help.

1 Like

@Bathsheba ooops I need to go and get my other specs …
I am muddling along in these old ones the new ones being a bit powerful …

Oh I know the feeling Meg. I need new glasses really, but don’t fancy having to get used to stronger specs!

1 Like

@Bathsheba the new specs cost over £300 :astonished: I don’t know what is more painful getting used to them or the getting the bill :icon_sad:

Yes, that may well be another reason I’m putting it off, haha! I think I spent around £450 last time on two pairs of glasses (one pair were prescription sunglasses). It’s a lot of money! I can remember my mother would have new lenses put into her frames if her prescription changed. It was very much the done thing in those days, but the frames these days are so much flimsier and opticians warn that if you have them re-glazed, there’ll be no warranty, it’s all at your own risk!

1 Like

Hope the spring arrives for you soon CM…

I get mine online Meg, have done for years. Prescription specs of high quality for a fraction of the cost because they don’t have all the overheads associated with shops and staff. Never been let down yet with either style or quality. I would recommend it to anyone. :blush:

Afternoon, managed to get Alfie walked with out getting wet, have since been been to Ikea, about 40 miles away down in Exeter, some excitement, I’m on a fortnights holiday so everything is going to be dreckly.