Good Morning Monday 8th July 2024

Good Morning to you all.

I have absolutely nothing to report this morning as I have only just got up (11am). Started shivering last night even though it was still 16°C so decided to take some paracetamol, take a covid test (neg) and go to bed. Obviously I have caught a cold from somewhere.

Missed my Monday morning coffee and cake but have to go to the chemist to get a prescription filled and will call in at the Vietnamese bakery for bread all while wearing a mask - I’ve got them, might as well use them.

Got to be better by Seniors’ meeting on Thursday.

Keep well and safe, have a great day.

4 Likes

Good morning - Supermarket shopping this morning. Then on to the Health Centre for an appointment with the Urology Consultant to talk about recent events.

Have a good day everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Morning all. Not much on today, but Ms d00d mentioned Lidl for I can’t remember what. Should be fun, and no doubt we’ll pick up loads of fruit from the stall across the road. Hmmmm

4 Likes

Up early 6am quick coffee then down to Tesco for another big shop. Oh well that is over for another two weeks or so. Weather wise rain showers so welcome to our summer.

4 Likes

Good morning everybody!

A day off and sunshine all at once, what more could I ask for! No plans yet, but food shopping at some point and some overdue gardening to tackle.

Hoping everyone has a lovely day :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Morning all – sunny this morning, although we are promised rain for later (of course we are!) :icon_sad:

Hope you feel better soon Bruce

Had a lazy day yesterday, day started with heavy rain but cleared later and I spent the afternoon sitting with my neighbours in their garden enjoying coffee and birthday cake! :cake:

Plan for today is to do a bit exploring of the surrounding area – have lived here for 3 years and have still not found my way around except for local shops, church and village hall! :017:

Take care - have a good day

4 Likes

Good morning everyone. Well would you believe it, the sun is shining this morning so I must hurry to hang out my washing before any clouds gather.
Nothing much planned for today other than dog walking and gardening - if the sun continues to shine.
Hope you feel better soon Bruce. Enjoy your explorations Sheila. Have fun on your supermarket visits all those here who are doing that this morning.
Happy Monday!

4 Likes

Aye, there’s nothing like it to lift the spirits :wink:

Off now … whooosh

4 Likes

Good Morning everyone… :mini:
Looks like summer outside, clear blue sky, no wind, and perfect for my early morning 3…
Busy day today, puncture to mend on the bike. There was this tractor cutting all the hawthorn hedges as I rode back into the village yesterday and must have picked up a thorn in my tyre, pulled it out last night and it was as big as a clothes prop… :open_mouth:
Flat tyre this morning was the result… :frowning_face:
Off to the surgery first with my prescription, then I hope to do some gardening. There’s an overgrown Holly Tree that needs my attention, I haven’t been able to trim it what with all the heart attacks and stuff…The Fox is coming with his hand shears…Be afraid, Very afraid!.. :deciduous_tree:
What were you doing about three days ago Bruce…I reckon it takes about three days for a cold to manifest itself and it has to be caught off somebody…I can link back to crowded places the last few times I have caught a cold or covid…

2 Likes

I’ve had shingles for a week now. Hope to be back on my feet by the end of this week

2 Likes

Good morning A nice sunny morning here for a change. Maybe it will last all day, fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Hello Dove, a warm welcome to Over50sChat, I hope you enjoy your time here with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A new bird come to play with us in our nest. Welcome. Give your wings a rest after flying in to meet us, and join chatting when you feel you want

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dove, it good to have you aboard… :+1:

I went to the shopping mall of course but I suspect this dates further back than that I have had a runny nose since my grandkid’s visit. So basically I am not sure, when I go to the mall I go early morning when there are few people about and anyway I avoid people in that setting.

According to the radio this morning this flu season is causing problems at Wollongong Hospital - people have lost their immunity because of isolation during covid. I am pretty sure I don’t have flu because this is just not severe enough. Even the ABC local radio has had to reschedule programs because of staff affected by flu and colds.

There’s a lot of it about, probably not helped by the cold, wet weather we have been having.

1 Like

Could be the Covid Jabs protesting?

1 Like

We are all an experiment :icon_wink:

1 Like

My best friend, of a few years ago and who lives darn Sarf but we still keep in touch, has just had a blood clot found in his lungs, and even the the doctor said it could be related to his many covid jabs. He has heart trouble and stents just like me and elected to have all of the jabs.