Good Morning Monday, 25th March 2024

Looking forward to a couple of warm sunny days with temperatures in the mid/high 20s. Not a cloud in the sky this morning.

Usual Monday morning get together with a couple of friends for tea and cake, then home to get my bedding in the washing machine.

Yesterday used my Makita saw to trim the hedge back to make a space for my bins at the front of the house, I have yet to cut the clippings up to fit in the green bin before Thursday. Don’t worry that’s Lilly Pilly the bare patch will soon be covered in leaves.

Still have to trim the edges of the footpath outside my block. A job I hate, any excuse to postpone.

That’s just the side, I have the front to do as well. :frowning_face:

Have a great day whatever you are up to.

2 Likes

Bruce I had to google “lilly pilly”. It says you can eat the fruit. I’ve never come across this before and it looks very pretty in flower. We can even buy it in the UK on this unusual plants website

2 Likes

Yes, they make a good hedge, grow quickly and are very dense. I read somewhere that in the US they are marketed as “Neighbour be gone

I am not sure about “small” though, mine are taller than the house, one very good thing about them is that they don’t put roots into the sewer and because of their denseness and fruit birds love them.

1 Like

Good morning Annie, Bruce, going to take the opportunity and two wildflowers. One is an Indian paint brush, the other the bluebonnet. Both probably will not be around in another month, but people drive out to take pictures while the bluebonnets are in season

Cherry Blossoms from DC:

No idea from Ohio:

Here’s to a wonderful week! I’m still tent shopping, hoping to hurry up before it gets warm here.

2 Likes

good morning, and back to rain. Yesterday was sunny and half the lawns got mowed during the afternoon, we are only a month behind with gardening jobs

1 Like

Morning all - well despite it being sunny yesterday personally it was a washout!! I have coughed so much my ribs are sore!! :cry: Hoping today things will start to clear!

Have decided not to go to yoga today, I would hate to start coughing in the middle of the quiet time.

On the positive side, Yesterday I did manage to start (and finish) a book which I had bought a couple of weeks ago :open_book:

Currently I am watching the birds fighting over the bird feeder and the squirrels playing in the trees whilst drinking my 3rd cup of coffee :smiling_face:

Take care - hope everyone has a lovely day

1 Like

Ah hum! Good afternoon from Foxy’s world… :mini:
Did a longer walk than usual on a Monday, I just felt the love… :man_walking:
It did start raining a bit at the end but nothing serious. I can’t believe I’m still here waffling on the forum at almost 1 pm… :091:
Just a lazy day now with Chips to look forward to for dinner later… :yum:

1 Like

Still spitting rain. The Missus has strolled up the way with some cakes for the lady up the way - rather nice! We have a nice chat but her legs are not in good shape.

2 Likes