Good Morning Monday, 15th April 2024

Good morning to you all on this lovely Autumn day.

No walk for me this morning I was up early to take my car to the garage to repair a slight oil leak from the turbo oil return. They replaced a couple of gaskets and an oil line. Not cheap!

I might go for a walk later after a bit of shopping otherwise its more tidying up the garden for me. Thank gawd I got all the grass done yesterday.

Have a lovely day, do you have any plans?

good evening/ good morning,

I am feeling close to normal today. No more teeth extractions any time soon.

I’m going to take Bruce’s lead and ask everyone, at what point would you think of getting a new car versus putting more money in an old one?

A little background, I will have to buy a new car within 2 weeks for one daughter. I might be able to get another car fairly inexpensive. I’ve put probably over $9k usd on a 20-year-old Toyota 4 runner.

I will have to schedule an oil change soon and a semi leaky radiator cost in the horizon.

Trying to do some studying tonight and beancounting first thing in the morning.

Here’s to a good new week all.

1 Like

Morning all - so far today we have had rain, hailstones and gale force winds, welcome to UK in the Spring! I have had to dig out my winter jumpers again!

I am a total ignoramous when it comes to cars Bruce, but fortunately my lovely neighbour is a car mechanic and fixes any problems I have! :oncoming_automobile:

Managed to hurt my foot yesterday - have no idea how! but I am finding it very painful to walk, so no chance of yoga this afternoon. I have tried every cream and painkiller I have but nothing seems to help so I spent most of the day sitting around finishing my book (fortunately I have two more by the same author). :open_book:

Daily Beastie report: was a bit worried about her last night! When I let her in she was very lathargic and ignored her food but just sat there staring at me. I went back a couple of hours later to find her curled up on the chair, asleep, food uneaten. Have to say I worried about her all night! Went in this morning and she was a lot brighter, still hadn’t eaten her food but when I put down fresh she ate most of that.

My plans for today - unless my foot feels better is to sit on the sofa reading my book and drinking coffee

Take care - hope everyone has a lovely day

2 Likes

Good Morning From Foxy’s World… :cloud_with_rain: :umbrella: :wind_face:
Same here Sheila, outside is off limits at the moment with rain blowing past the window at 90 degrees in a howling gale, so I’ve had to rearrange my day. I was going to walk down to the surgery to hand in my prescription and then return home by the scenic route, but walking down the drive to open the gates is as far as I’m going anytime soon. Meeting an old friend at a local cafe’ later…We go back a long way…
This is him and me finishing the Robin Hood marathon in Nottingham. One of the few times I kept up with him…Well he was about 5 years younger than me…

Me on the left by the way…

2 Likes

I used to repair my own cars but I am too old to be crawling under cars, on the rare occasions I do I end up lying there comfortable dreading crawling out but I do fix minor problems, my next job is cleaning and greasing the wheel bearings on my camper - not an arduous job.

Advice that I don’t take myself is to buy a near new low mileage car, you save heaps. My last three cars have been brand new but I suspect my current one might be my last. (Unless I can’t resist the temptation to buy a van and put a bed in the back.)

I keep meaning to give back my truck licence, I gave up my semi licence when I turned 70.

LookingForward, quote “A little background, I will have to buy a new car within 2 weeks for one daughter.” unquote

Let her buy her own car then she wil appreciate it more .

As for getting another I am a fan of Nissan having an Xtrail model and it impressed my son so he too has gone a got himself a Nissan Qashqai . I prefer Japanese cars my wife has a Honda Civic estate.

2 Likes

The rain stopped for a while so we walked. But not for long. We got soaked. Cold and wet for us, the wee dog enjoys it.

2 Likes

Good morning to all on this blustery Monday morning!
Lots of rain earlier, but now the sky is blue and very beautiful - not for long though, as more unsettled weather to come, according to forecast.

Today i’m making myself scarce in the kitchen as husband is going to prepare a fantastic meal for later, i know it will be lovely as he is a really super cook. :smiling_face:

Hope you all have a pleasant day.

1 Like

I found a window in the weather and walked down to the surgery and there was still enough time to take the scenic route along the canal back home…I could enjoy a life of cruising up and down the canal network on a narrow boat just like this couple… :+1:
Wait a minute…? It’s not Boot is it?

Met my friend Jim later at the coffee shop and took a picture of this lady in the camouflage coat, I think she stood waiting to be served for over an hour because nobody knew she was there… :blush:

3 Likes