Good Morning Friday, 9th February 2024

Good Morning citizens of the world. Happy New Year!

It is Chinese New Years Eve, the Year of the Dragon starts tomorrow. So say goodbye to the Year of the Rabbit.

The Wood Dragon year 2024, when combined with the nourishing Wood element, will bring evolution, improvement, and abundance; it is the perfect time for rejuvenated beginnings and setting the foundation for long-term success.

In the last Wood Dragon year, 60 years ago, Queen Elizabeth opened the Fourth Suspension Bridge in Scotland and Nasa launched its Mariner spacecraft to study Mars.

…or so they say in The Times of India.

Anyway get the house clean to usher in the lunar new year, or at least have a good day.

Take care…

3 Likes

Good morning Bruce and all who look at this thread :smiley:

It’s Friday, it’s 7:30am here and 20 degrees Celsius already with a high of 29 :sunglasses:

I’m at the office this morning for a team meeting. Then I’ve got to meet the pool guy at home to replace my aimflow flange fitting.

Other than that, it’s a bumper rugby weekend on the cards for me and it is my daughter’s cat Mila’s birthday party tomorrow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: she will be three :black_cat:

Whatever you are doing, be blessed and enjoy your day. :wave:

3 Likes

Morning everyone - it’s not yet 6.00 am here but couldn’t sleep last night. Heavy rain all night with more forecast for today. Yesterday was good, had a lovely long phone call with my brother, met up with friends I haven’t seen for a couple of months and a neighbour called in and fixed a broken light for me. Today will be less pleasant as only housework is on the cards.

Hope everyone has a lovely day

2 Likes

Morning all,
Just finishing a hearty bowl of porridge before getting changed and enjoying the peace and quiet as I walk to the gym. A mixed bag of isolation and peripheral exercises with the weights this morning and then it’s two days rest and recovery. Much drunken debauchery to follow over the weekend…nah, only kidding, I’m not as young as I was. Maybe I’ll let my hair down over a couple of glasses of Merlot :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

Enjoy your day people! :+1:

2 Likes

good morning all posters, 4 deg and very wet, on top of wet, should stay like that for the day

art class this morning, a bit of chatting and coffee and biccies, some days are hard going

3 Likes

Good morning!
Dull but not raining, and the snow has melted

I’m feeling better than yesterday, and coming round with almost constant cups of coffee
The place needs tidying, but nothing that won’t keep
I didn’t go out yesterday after all, so later today I’ll have a drive round and go to the supermarket
Usually I go to LIDL or Sainsbury, but today I think I’ll try ALDI - Oh what an exciting life I lead!

2 Likes

Good Morning from Foxy’s World…
The Ark
Boat building is coming on a pace, but after last nights heavy rain I’m wondering if it will be finished in time…Then there’s just two of everything to sort out…It’s gonna be a right knocking shop…Unfortunately there won’t be enough room for gay animals, nothing personal you understand.
Anyway…Back to reality and my 3 mile walk. I’m still doing my wet weather route, through the streets and along the canal towpath. The lane is a ‘no go’ area just lately.
Very foggy but mild, and once I had left the hum drum of the road, it was strangely silent, kind of peaceful, the feeling of solitude…Perfect!
Plenty of puddles to navigate around and lots of standing water but no rain, just the odd spot every time I walked under the trees.
I’m enjoying your posts Bruce, you have injected a bit of life into the good morning thread, and together with some new faces, it might catch on…
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I fear you might have made your boat too small.

Actually it is when they entered the ark that the animals went two by two but they were selected in sevens so there was a lot less room than you might have allowed for.

Genesis 7

[1] And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
[2] Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
[3] Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

Don’t blame me, that’s god for you

1 Like

glad i’m not a horse when the day cometh

Why does God always talk in riddles? Now I know where Shakespeare gets it from… :thinking:
Is there an Yorkshire version Bruce?

There is (of course I had to Google it):

1 Like

Awesome Bruce, thanks…
:+1: