Good Morning Friday 3rd November 2023

Morning all!

Got a bunch of financial tasks done that I hadn’t planned on doing but glad I got them done. Had a nice chat on the phone.

The weather is overcast and warmer than the last few days.

My neighbor must have taken the week off because he’s out doing stuff in the yard in the middle of the day.

No plans for today.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning all, much better weather this morning.

Not going out today.

Have a nice day all.

I wish my neighbours were as entertaining for me as yours are for you. The most exciting thing mine has done this week is water the grass on the road side.

Hi

Good Morning All

Dry but with plenty of dark clouds, it is also chilly.

It is Mums Birthday next door, the nice one, so the kids will be celebrating.

Cleaning some very fiddly bits today, but with plenty of rests.

Have a good day all.

Morning all.

Very cold out, so do wrap up.

Might hoover round today, but running late. Only just finished breakfast.

Good morning!
Dry & sunny

I didn’t sleep very well last night, and felt cold, and got up about 03-00 to make a cup of tea and a hot water bottle
Slept in till about 09-20 and felt a bit better, but still not very lively
So I’ll spend this morning just pottering & easy tidying, and see how I feel later

good morning all .
I didnt sleep very well last night either , I fell a sleep earley and woke an hour later when dog woke me to go out … I was awake till 4am before taking a sleeping tablet ,then the same thing happened again .
I think I have the patience of a Saint .

Have a good day

Good Morning from Foxy’s Sunny World… :sunny:
Sorry to hear about the insomniacs, I went out like a light at 10:30pm but had a few weird dreams. It was just breaking daylight when I awoke, so after the morning routine I was out walking in bright sunshine along the towpath. Plenty of dog walkers out this morning, I think the towpath is their favourite haunt and the sun brings em’ out. I walked most of it with a few lack luster attempts at jogging near the end. Although I enjoyed the walking, I just couldn’t get into a stride with jogging.
They are digging up my street and laying new gas pipes, so after examining the work done yesterday, and staring into a few holes, I finished my walk and took Mrs Fox off to help with the dinners down at the church hall. For six quid you get a starter (soup) a dinner, and something with custard on. It happens on the first friday of each month and she volunteered to help…I think the short skirt and pini will be a bit much for the local old blokes…
:astonished:

2 Likes

Well the sun’s shining and it’s turned out to be a nice afternoon, but I still don’t feel too lively and I was thinking of getting under the duvet for a couple of hours

But now it’s changed -
Over the grapevine I’d been told about someone who lives near me and does wood carving, as I do, and I said I would be interested if we could meet

An hour or so ago I got a phone call along the lines of ‘You don’t know me but…’
I decided that I can’t spend all my time just sitting around, and I’m going to see him this afternoon for a spot of ‘I’ll show you mine if you show me yours’.

2 Likes

Sounds fun, Zulu.

Would you like to show us some of your work?

'fraid I’ve stretched the truth a bit

I make knives by buying bare blades from suppliers then fitting and carving/shaping my own handles…and I also make the sheaths
But such is the fuss and paranoia about knives at the moment that, as you’ve seen, I usually just say wood carving unless people want to know more

Although last week I visited someone who does stick making, and also carves odd bits of wood & branches into animals, abstract shapes & fantasy figures, and so on, so perhaps …

I used to be fairly keen with 35mm film photography, but I never took to digital, and although I have a digital camera I’ve hardly used it, and don’t know how to post pictures
I keep telling myself that I really must make the effort, but somehow I never get round to it

But if you Search YouTube for ‘knife handles’ or ‘knife making’ but skip the blade making part, and similar headings you’ll see the sort of thing I do