Good Morning Friday, 12th April 2024

Good morning to you all on this frolicsome Friday.

It was a beautiful morning on my early walk, not a cloud in the sky.

Called into the supermarket on my way home for biscuits and toothpaste, and got my laundry done and on the line when I returned home.

Have a lovely sunny day y’all!

3 Likes

good day all!

My plans are to a home body till after April 25th. I’m digging backwards for places been or wish to revisit.

Enchanted Rock from 2 years ago. Bruce I have to drive to visit cool places. The pictures, you’re out in the country?

2 Likes

Not really, Wollongong (the city not the suburb) has a population of quarter of a million but it is on a long thin strip of land between the escarpment and the sea, I live in an old suburb on the outskirts, it is just a walk from my house but I live half a block from the shopping centre. Eventually that land will be built on - or at least the bits that are not flood plain.

As an edit - in the train line photo, the land on the right is the sports grounds of the local high school, the school buildings are behind the trees.

2 Likes

Morning all - warm and sunny today with no rain forecast!!

Lovely photos Bruce and LF - especially the blue skies

Beast spent the day in the garden yesterday so no little gifts for me this morning - she did try to get me to give her extra food and seemed very surprised that I was able to resist her charms (she even let me pet her in an effort to persuade me - something she never does!)

Only plans for today is to do the ironing which I neglected yesterday! The expected parcel arrived (books) and I sat down to read “just a couple of chapters” and was lost for the rest of the day! :blush:

Take care - have a lovely day everyone

2 Likes

Good morning all :slight_smile: Enjoy your day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good Morning from Foxy’s world… :man_running:
Had a great walk/jog this morning almost beating my best time for this year. I was pleasantly surprised as it was a tough day yesterday. I don’t actually go out to break records, I just go how I feel…
Managed to do my planned three trigs in the Yorkshire Wolds yesterday, although I spent a lot of time doing the second one…
The first one was easy, not far from the road and it stuck out like a chapel hat peg. The farmer had cut the hedgerow almost down to ground level…

This was Westfield Trig point TP 6839…Bagged!

After driving up a steep hill on narrow roads (if you could call it a road) I arrived at the gate entrance to the field. I walked up the hill down the side of the field that contained newly planted crops. In the distance I spotted something so I put the zoom on and realised it was the farmer…This shot was over half a mile away…

I don’t think the farmer would have been very happy with some old waif and stray walking all over his crops so I turned back.
I decided to miss this one out and go to the next. But lo and behold just up the road was a garden centre we often frequent, where you can obtain a good meal. Just tea and scones today though, and while I was sat in the cafe’ I looked at the map and decided to approach the last trig from the other side. I hate missing them out… :009:
I parked on a lane in Low Caythorpe. There is a reason why it’s called Low Caythorpe, because from this side you have to walk up a very steep hill to the trig at High Caythorpe.
I must admit, it had me wobbling, not used to climbing hills anymore…
Eventually I found the trig nestled in the hedgerow at the top.

High Caythorpe Trig TP 4555 Bagged!

The view from the trig was amazing and this is Bridlington over five miles away…One of the reasons why I do it. For the solitude and the views…

Time was getting on now so a quick dash to the last one about ten miles away on the coast.
I managed to get close in the car with just about 500 metres to do along a very muddy lane.

This trig used to be in the middle of the field behind, but the farmer had repositioned (dumped) it at the side of the field, but it was easy to spot from the lane.

Blakehowe Trig TP 1480 Bagged…! And the last one of the day. Now home for some dinner…

3 Likes

Bruce
As you are not that far from Brisbane looking on that map you posted, do you ever pop over there for a day to go shopping. It can’t be much more than an hours drive away

Love the pics

1 Like

All the time, though usually just for the arvo.

Just had some bad news , It’s my mother -in laws funeral tomorrow,

AND SHE CANCELLED IT

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: